Since 1998, Action Staffing Services, LLC has provided superior service to help motivated individuals find the right fit within various job markets. We match your skills and abilities to job openings across a broad client base that are looking for qualified, reliable personnel to handle administrative, manufacturing, industrial and distribution responsibilities.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Recruiter/Human Resources Associate will be based in our Greenville, SC headquarters.
The Recruiter/Human Resources Associate is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting- recruit, screen, and recommend the placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
The Recruiter/Human Resources Associate is responsible for interviewing, testing, and referring applicants for field positions throughout the company, in addition to assisting with Corporate HR functions as needed. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, clerical duties, and basic knowledge of personnel policy, procedure, and employment practices in accordance with federal and state law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partner with hiring managers and clients to determine staffing needs.
- Screen resumes, interview candidates (by phone or in-person), administer appropriate assessments, reference/background checks, make recommendations for hire (or not hire), and deliver employment offers for non-exempt position openings within an assigned territory.
- Communicate regularly with HR marketing to ensure all job postings and advertising are current and accurately posted to mirror client needs.
- Serve as an expert for recruiting and assigning candidates within an assigned territory.
- Use traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, texting platforms, telephone, etc.
- Manage internal transfer process including screening, coordination of interview with the hiring manager, transfer offer letter, etc. coordinate between employees, client and Action Staffing.
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure the achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicate important employment information during delivery of employment offers (i.e. benefits, compensation, non-compete agreements, etc.).
- Manage current candidate activity in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) for the Upstate area.
- Manage application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Maintain memberships and affiliations with sources related to recruiting to include but not limited to SC WORKS, Greenville News, Career Builder, Indeed, Craig's List, local colleges, churches, and other businesses in the community.
- Assist in handling complaint phone calls to summarize complaints and forward to HR Manager and the appropriate Operational Manager.
- Conduct exit interviews on employees whose employment is ending within the assigned area.
- When needed, assist new employees in completing new hire packets, process e-verify & drug tests.
- Assist employees with logging in to the electronic payroll system– in person and by telephone.
- Assign Rapid Pay Cards when needed
- Assist with HR and Corporate tasks as needed, including but not limited to, data entry, unemployment, VOEs, HR audits, workman’s compensation, etc.
- Attend and assist with company events, as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of new electronic application and on-boarding system.
- Human Resources Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
- Technical Capacity.
- Decision Making.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving.
Serve as the liasion for all on-site employees regarding HR needs.
This job operates in a professional office environment and with the public during outside activities, including job fairs & other recruiting efforts, company events, and networking. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Requires internet competency and technical and logical critical thinking to help set up the transfer, and utilization of new online recruiting and onboarding applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some lifting and physical activity are required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products, job fair supplies, up to 40 pounds, and set up recruiting booths at various events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with overtime and weekend work as needed to meet company staffing needs.
This position requires some local travel for recruiting and assisting in branch offices. Travel is expected to be less than 10%. Travel is expected to be primarily in Upstate South Carolina but may also include the entire company service area.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of one-year relevant recruiting experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- HRIS experience.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
For more information: 864-292-7450
American Services, Inc. is an EEO Employer
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1