ServiceMaster Facilities Maintenance, an independently operated franchise of ServiceMaster Clean©, was founded in 2005 by a group of partners with over 25 years’ experience in the facilities maintenance industry. Originally servicing the Greater Memphis area market, our operations now extend to providing service in more than 10 states.
We are a business committed to providing our clients with the cleaning that they expect and the customer service that they deserve. This commitment has made us one of the fastest growing businesses in the Mid-South, receiving numerous awards for growth and service excellence.
ServiceMaster Facilities Maintenance provides janitorial and commercial project cleaning solutions to more than 30 million square feet of space. Our customer facilities include high-end office space, industrial manufacturing product and package distribution, warehouses, public schools, healthcare clinics, retail locations, and event venue locations including convention centers, stadiums, and fair grounds.
We offer our customers a full range of services that can be customized to fit any schedule or service need.
Job Skills / Requirements
Summary of Position
Custodians, also known as janitors, keep buildings clean. Custodians work to make sure that all types of buildings are neat, clean, free from clutter and safe. Custodians spend their days picking up trash, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, or using industrial cleaning equipment to clean floors, cleaning and stocking bathrooms, making sure buildings are secure, cleaning windows, and minor building maintenance and repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, stairways and eating areas and other work areas as defined.
- Cleans rugs, tile, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secures all doors and windows prior to departure. Shuts off power to equipment and lighting.
- Attend scheduled training sessions.
- Follow instructions from supervisors, adhere to company component policies and procedures
- Display safe work practices
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
This position requires experience in Janitorial work preferably in a commercial environment. The employee must be able to demonstrate an ability to perform the essential job functions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Bending – frequent
- Pushing – occasional
- Hearing – constant
- Reaching – occasional
- Climbing – occasional
- Seeing – constant
- Speaking – frequent
- Standing – frequent
- Walking – frequent
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. This is considered a medium lifting required position.
Definitions: Constant – activity is continually occurring and required to perform the essential functions of the job. Frequent – activity is a usual and customary part of the essential function of the job. Occasional – activity is needed to perform the essential functions of the job at random intervals. Not Required – may be a routine part of the job, but the essential functions can be performed without this activity.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Additional Information / Benefits
All regular full-time employees are eligible for coverage under the company-sponsored health insurance plan and will earn paid PTO annually.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift.