Spencer Building Maintenance, Inc. is a leading provider of commercial custodial and building maintenance services throughout the greater Sacramento region, tending to millions of square feet of real estate with our crew of 350+. We exist to improve every environment we touch with our full-service approach to janitorial, floor maintenance, carpet cleaning, window cleaning, building repairs and more. We're humble, joyful professionals that have cleaned where people work since 1997.
Job Skills / Requirements
* Follow all written work instructions for jobs, and timely document labor time, inventory sheets, purchase orders, scope of work completed.
* Safely perform overhead work, on and off a ladder, such as lamp and ceiling tile changes.
* Replace ballasts, and make minor electrical repairs such as outlets and switches.
* Drywall repairs, including patching and texturing
* Install restroom fixtures including toilets, urinals, sinks, faucets.
* Minor plumbing repairs including: leaky faucets, urinal/toilet valves, install auto flushing units, unclog fixtures with snaking tools or other methods, etc.
* Paint with brush and/or sprayer.
* Install dispensers (toilet paper, paper towels, air freshner, etc)
* Hang white boards and pictures
* Adjust desks
* Perform basic carpentry
* Hang and adjust doors
* Recommend other work for noticed items that need repair
* Accurately estimate hours to complete above scopes of work
* Read technical trade literature at level equivalent to AA degree
* Comply with CA law regarding required rest breaks and meal periods, and demonstrate proper and accurate timecard documentation
* Supervise and work with at least 1 assistant at a job site
* Know and follow company safety protocols, and correct others that may not follow safety protocols
* Cheerfully execute company objectives
* Exhibit demeanor of a humble, joyful professional
* Exhibit punctuality, frugality, trustworthiness, and high expectation for quality.
Additional Information / Benefits
Every employee chooses their career path with Spencer Building Maintenance. We promote from within, and like to reward hard-working determined employees with the opportunity for advancement.
Salary and benefits vary depending on position. Compensation is competitive and includes paid holidays. Full time positions have medical insurance benefits.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Maintenance Supervisor
This is a Full-Time position Mon-Fri 7:30 am - 4:30pm.
Number of Openings for this position: 1