Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
We are currently accepting applications for full-time and part-time Security Guards to join our Various Sites: mobile patrol, retail, events, supportive housing and more. This position requires strong social perceptiveness and customer service skills. Sometimes, it may be physically demanding due to the size of the property and requires applicants to be able to work- Morning, days, nights and/or weekends.
Wage: $18 - $22 per hour (site dependent).
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service and assistance and sustain effective relationships with clients, tenants and patrons
- Write clear and detailed reports including incident, emergency, liability and day to day reports
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations and contact emergency responders as required
- Provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
- Perform regular foot patrols to ensure personnel, building and equipment security
- Utilize two way radios and computer applications to communicate site activates
- Exercise crowd control and evict trespassers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- A strong working knowledge of non-violent crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques
- Strong observational skills
- Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
- 6 months Security Experience is an asset and/or 6 months customer experience is an asset
- Valid security licence is an asset
- Valid OFA 1 or higher is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Physical fitness: ability to walk for prolonged hours (most sites)
- Class 5 or Class 7 N BC Driving License is an asset for Mobile Patrol
LET’S GET STARTED!
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid BC Security Licence
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Additional Information / Benefits
PALADIN OFFERS YOU:
- Competitive wages
- Promotion from within
- Company-paid training & uniforms
- Benefits & recognition programs
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days
This job reports to the Glen Convey, Security Programs Manager
This is a Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1