Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! We offer job stable positions and lots of career advancement opportunities, including free training, security licensing, and promotion from within. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY
If you’re someone with a passion for security, law enforcement, lending a helping hand, making a difference in your community, and looking for a great opportunity with a company that cares about your career, we want to hear from you. We are currently looking for experienced Security Guards to join our various locations in Hospitals, government buildings, post-secondary campuses, shopping centers, office towers, warehouses, and more!
- Mobile Division: Our Mobile officers swiftly respond to alarms, report security breaches and property damage, and provide leadership in emergency situations, supporting our Operations Centre Team.
- Government buildings: Our Officers at these facilities conduct regular patrols of the premises, monitor property entrance, authorize entrance of people, secure exits, respond to alarms and more!
- Colleges and Universities: Our Officers at these facilities conduct regular foot patrols, monitor CCTV cameras, provide first aid, manage lost & found, write detailed incident reports, and more!
- Shopping centres: Our Officers at these facilities are responsible for completing investigations, incident reports and will be expected to perform constant patrols and interact with tenants and members of the public to provide direction and promote good customer service while providing a security presence. You will respond to all emergencies, take the lead role in all incidents involving violent individuals, conduct arrests, enforce mall rules, and remove vagrants from the property.
- Office Towers: Our Officers responsibilities at these facilities include ensuring no unauthorized people enter the workspace, monitor video surveillance for unusual activities, reporting & documenting unusual activities, and more!
- Warehouses: Our Officers responsibilities at these facilities include ensuring no unauthorized people enter the space, monitor video surveillance for unusual activities, reporting & documenting unusual activities, and more!
YOU’RE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
- Have excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Have strong English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Are comfortable interacting verbally with team members, client personnel, members of the public, and emergency services.
- Can write detailed incident reports which may be utilized in court if subpoenaed.
- Have a passion for being active, your patrols may be indoors or outdoors, in all weather conditions, and can include stairwells, uneven surfaces, and parkades.
- Can physically stand and/or patrol for the majority of a shift (8-hours average).
- Are comfortable approaching and leading in emergency situations, including trauma, aggression, intoxication, bodily fluids, etc.
- Are comfortable watching for and reporting irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations, and contact emergency responders as required
- Possess basic skills in utilizing technology, including writing reports on a computer, tracking patrols in a smartphone, and communicating via two-way radio.
- Are eligible to work in Canada
- Have the following certifications:
- Occupational First Aid Level (OFA 2)
- Advanced Security License (AST)
- Marine Transportation Security Clearance (MTSC)
- Have a BC Class 5 Driver's License (for Mobile driving roles)
Pay Rate: $17/hr - $22/hr starting, depending on what site or program you work in.
PALADIN OFFERS YOU:
- An active lifestyle: If sitting behind a desk doesn’t appeal to you, you’ll love the dynamic work environment that security can bring.
- Leading Corporate Culture: Paladin is a Canadian employee of choice because of the amazing people that work here!
- Career advancement: Whether you are gaining experience in law enforcement, looking for meaningful work as a student, or simply exploring a field you are passionate about, Paladin gives you the opportunity to advance your skills!
- Health Benefits & Perks: Full-time employees are eligible for great benefits, and all staff can enjoy exclusive Paladin discounts at your favorite retailers and service providers across Canada!
- And more…
Paladin Security is one of Canada’s Best Employers. We have been awarded for our outstanding corporate culture, approach to management, and our customer service. Join our winning team today!
We thank all candidates for their time, but only applications which meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
For more information about our company and what we do, Visit us here.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days
This job reports to the Site Supervisor
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1