Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! We offer job stable positions and lots of career advancement opportunities, including free training, security licensing, and promotion from within. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY
Are you an aspiring Health Care or Emergency Management professional?
Make a difference in your community Be a part of a rewarding career that ensures the safety of our healthcare workers and visitors. As a Healthcare Security Officer, you respond to alarms, emergency requests, and use your excellent verbal de-escalation skills to resolve safety incidents. You always maintain confidentiality and discretion when handling private information, and you never forget to smile while providing your incredible customer service.
When you go home and you realize you made a difference in somebody being safe, there is nothing more rewarding than that. We know there's a direct correlation between the work we do and the positive outcomes that are happening inside healthcare. We like to refer to ourselves as a force for good and that allows us to create as much positive interaction as we can with people.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this role you will be promptly filling out detailed incident and ‘missing patient’ reports whenever an issue arises. This helps you discover solutions on how to keep staff, patients, and guests feeling comfortable in the secure environment you provide. Along with your dedication to utilizing PPE, you regularly patrol the facility so that no potential conflict leaves your sight.
YOU’RE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
- Provide exceptional customer service, with an exceptional smile.
- Can remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- Are comfortable to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Possess skills to deal with challenges and communicate effectively at various social levels.
- Can detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Can make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Can handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Can adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Hold a valid First Aid/CPR certification or are willing to obtain one. We take safety seriously, and we know you do too.
- Possess MOAB/HUFT certifications but if you don’t, we’ll help you acquire those certifications.
- Are eligible to work in Canada
- Have prior experience and a valid security license, which are considered an asset. If not, you’re in luck! We’ll help you acquire your security license and even pay for it.
PALADIN OFFERS YOU:
- An active lifestyle: If sitting behind a desk doesn’t appeal to you, you’ll love the dynamic work environment that security can bring.
- Leading Corporate Culture: Paladin is a Canadian employee or choice because of the amazing people that work here!
- Career advancement: Whether you are gaining experience for law enforcement, looking for meaningful work as a student, or simply exploring a field you are passionate about, Paladin gives you the opportunity to advance your skills!
- Health Benefits & Perks: Full-time employees are eligible for great benefits, and all staff can enjoy exclusive Paladin discounts at your favorite retailers and service providers across Canada!
- And more…
Paladin Security is one of Canada’s Best Employers. We have been awarded for our outstanding corporate culture, approach to management and our customer service. Join our winning team today!
We thank all candidates for their time, but only applications which meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
To learn more about healthcare security, visit us here: Healthcare Security Careers - Paladin Security
This job reports to the Site Supervisor
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1