Spartanburg Water is an industry leading utility that offers team members a culture of innovation, a history of excellence and an investment in their continued success.
Nestled in the Piedmont region of South Carolina and a short drive away from the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains and ever-popular beaches of the South Carolina Low country, Spartanburg is a thriving and growing community that is home to seven diverse and well-known institutions of higher learning. Residents enjoy incredible outdoor recreation opportunities, an eclectic and delicious local restaurant and brewery scene, a vibrant cultural environment and the benefits of strong economic growth with an affordable cost of living.
INNOVATION: Through innovative technologies and industry leading practices, Spartanburg Water has had the honor of twice receiving recognition as a Utility of the Future Today – and as one of only two South Carolina utilities to ever receive the award and only one of 18 utilities globally to receive the honor a second time.
HISTORY: Through sustainability and resiliency, Spartanburg Water has consistently provided the highest quality drinking water and wastewater services to our region for more than 100 years, and continues to be a vital part of the area’s successful economic growth and development.
INVESTMENT: Spartanburg Water offers a generous compensation package, including full medical, dental and vision benefits and participation in the SC Retirement System. The organization also offers tuition reimbursement and opportunities for paid certifications and training. Spartanburg Water firmly believes in the importance of investing in the health, security, and potential of all team members.
Job Skills / Requirements
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under general supervision, this remote position monitors and maintains systems including servers, storage area networks (SANS), and direct attached storage (DAS) on a day to day basis including all backups; configures servers including installation of workstation operating systems; upgrading hardware and software as necessary, troubleshooting and repair of server hardware and software issues; reports on installation and maintenance of servers, software, devices and user services; arranges necessary repair of hardware and/or software; provides hardware/software and documentation to users as needed; runs system reports; maintains up-to-date technical knowledge of Information Technology systems and methodologies. Remote staff should maintain a virtual presence to office staff and be prepared to be physically present with 1.5 hours of being notified due to an emergency or request by the supervisor. Reports to Assigned Manager or Supervisor.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitoring and maintaining virtual and physical server and storage systems.
2. Installing, patching, and managing of server and workstation operating systems.
3. Configuring, maintaining, and testing backups of all server systems, including Windows backups, SQL backups, and DR backups. Restoring files, databases, and systems as needed.
4. Installing, monitoring, and maintaining Microsoft Enterprise applications, including AD, Exchange, and SharePoint.
5. Responsible for installing and managing server applications.
6. Assist with security access to the network and remediation of security vulnerabilities. Configuring and managing antivirus software. Monitoring and maintaining desktop and application MFA platform.
7. Implements the design and configuration of physical servers, virtual servers and related hardware.
8. Obtain pricing for hardware and software; upgrade hardware and software as necessary; move and/or unpack and install hardware as received.
9. Troubleshooting and repair of servers, storages, workstations, and network devices.
10. Implementation of end user services (e.g., applications, printing, disk quotas, user accounts).
11. Documentation of preventative and reactive tickets and reporting on the installation and maintenance of servers, software, devices and user services; compile and present system reports.
12. Transporting, installation and maintenance of computer peripherals (e.g., personal computers, servers, printers, routers, switches or related equipment)
13. Provides help desk support to company users.
14. Maintains spare parts inventory for server equipment and arranges for necessary repair of hardware and/or software.
15. Provide hardware/software and documentation to users as needed.
16. Interacts with various individuals and groups such as system users, management, vendors, consultants and other technical support staff.
17. Assist Senior IT Specialist - Networking as needed.
18. Assist in planning and completing projects assigned to IT as needed.
19. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Requires an Associate degree in the field of Information Technology or certification in Microsoft Server Administration on Windows Servers; plus 5 years of experience including: networking devices; Windows Server Operating Systems design/administration and security; Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Desktop applications; working knowledge of Exchange Server, SQL Server, File and Print Servers, software firewalls; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must possess valid driver’s license. Technology related certifications preferred.
Education Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
This job reports to the Technology Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1