Located in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Spartanburg Water is an award-winning utility that offers team members a culture of innovation, a history of excellence and an investment in their continued success.
Nestled in the Piedmont region of South Carolina and a short drive away from the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains and ever-popular beaches of the South Carolina Lowcountry, Spartanburg is a thriving and growing community that is home to seven diverse and well-known institutions of higher learning. Residents enjoy incredible outdoor recreation opportunities, an eclectic and delicious local restaurant and brewery scene, a vibrant cultural environment and the benefits of strong economic growth with an affordable cost of living.
INNOVATION: Through innovative technologies and industry leading practices, Spartanburg Water has had the honor of twice receiving recognition as a Utility of the Future Today – and as one of only two South Carolina utilities to ever receive the award and only one of 18 utilities globally to receive the honor a second time.
HISTORY: Through sustainability and resiliency, Spartanburg Water has consistently provided the highest quality drinking water and wastewater services to our region for more than 100 years, and continues to be a vital part of the area’s successful economic growth and development.
INVESTMENT: Spartanburg Water offers a generous compensation package, including full medical, dental and vision benefits and participation in the SC Retirement System. The organization also offers tuition reimbursement and opportunities for paid certifications and training. Spartanburg Water firmly believes in the importance of investing in the health, security, and potential of all team members.
Job Skills / Requirements
Under general supervision, monitors and maintains database systems including reports, queries and end user support for database applications; monitors these systems on a daily basis; configures reports based on user needs and requests; participates in application installs and upgrades; performs troubleshooting of databases; maintains up-to-date technical knowledge of database applications and reporting. Reports to the Technology Manager.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating database reports based on the needs of end users and management.
- Manage data to support reporting, including the creation and maintenance of databases, through the use of Microsoft Access, MS SQL Server, SQL Server integration services (SSIS) and server reporting services (SSRS), Crystal Reports and others.
- Retrieves and manipulates data using various data manipulation and extraction techniques.
- Works with business users to understand their needs and translates business requirements into report designs.
- Troubleshooting, query tuning and problem solving of SQL report development; tracking statuses and communicating progress effectively to management and documenting in help desk software.
- Retrieves, prepares, and manipulates data from databases or systems to provide reports. Verifies accuracy of data on reports.
- Provides oversight and maintenance for all databases.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert for the utility billing software system (Advanced CIS Infinity) and financial software system (Tyler Munis). Tasks include providing full support, to include database maintenance and oversight, application support and provide expertise on application upgrades.
- Participates in ticket resolution activities for database environments and systems.
- Assists with system testing as needed.
- Answers customer support requests via help desk tickets, phone, email and carry issues through to resolution for applications companywide.
- Manages application training when necessary.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applications and their integration (interface) with and effect on other systems; responsible for managing application interfaces.
- Works with vendors to maintain and support companywide applications, performs upgrades, and implements new features as released.
- Tracks status of work tickets through to resolution including communication to all stakeholders.
- Assist in completing projects assigned to Information Technology as needed.
- Assist with general help desk tickets as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements (Any)
Associate Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or related field
Associates Degree in field of Information Technology
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam, Education Verification, Employment Verification
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Technology Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1