With national offices in Louisville, Kentucky, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) focuses on the national and international mission work of the church. It serves and works with congregations, presbyteries, and synods as the central provider of resources that enable individuals, congregations, and governing bodies to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ in the world. The work at the Presbyterian Center is carried out by approximately 400 staff members in several national entities: Office of the General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan, Presbyterian Mission Agency, Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, and Presbyterian Women.
The Associate Director will provide thoughtful leadership to Theology, Formation, and Evangelism (TFE) by coordinating the ministry of staff so that the strategic purpose of TFE is implemented in collaboration with PMA ministry areas, PC(U.S.A.) agencies, and mid councils. This coordination results in the renewal, effectiveness, and multiplication of the local church. The Associate Director will assist the director in fully engaging the Matthew 25 vision.
1. Team Strategy and Management: Assist in the development and implementation of the strategic purpose of Theology, Formation, and Evangelism.
2. Mid Council Relationships: Provide strategic leadership for TFE relationships with mid councils. Coordinate TFE staff work so that we are intentionally partnering with mid councils.
3. Program: Assist director in the facilitation of the work of TFE staff, so that we are living fully into the Matthew 25 vision and producing the necessary resources.
4. Connection: Coordinate TFE workflow into and out of PMA Board and GA meetings. Assist staff in collaborative efforts within the PMA and the other church agencies.
5. Healthy Systems: Supervise the work of the four ministry coordinators.
6. Collaborate with evangelism ecumenical partners in developing ways to make resources available across denominational lines.
7. TFE Leadership Team: Work productively with the director and other members of the TFE leadership team.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent
- Ten years of work in local congregations/ mid councils/new worshiping communities
- Excellent communicator and presenter to a variety of constituents
- Ability to work collaboratively with a focus on building and maintaining strong relationships
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Faith commitment to Jesus Christ and strong Christian witness
- Strong collaborative spirit and ability to work well with others
- Experience working with diverse groups and cultures
- Ability to travel frequently
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending accounts, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates from Presbyterian communities in the global south and other historic Presbyterian Communities of Color, preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
Individuals living with disabilities encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Mission Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1