With national offices in Louisville, Kentucky, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) focuses on the national and international mission work of the church. It serves and works with congregations, presbyteries, and synods as the central provider of resources that enable individuals, congregations, and governing bodies to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ in the world. The work at the Presbyterian Center is carried out by approximately 400 staff members in several national entities: Office of the General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan, Presbyterian Mission Agency, Presbyterian Publishing Corporation and Presbyterian Women.
Presbyterian Mission Agency’s (PMA) call to be a Matthew 25 church includes missional goals designed to accompany the denomination in supporting the development of vital congregations, eradicating poverty, and dismantling structural racism and white supremacy. This includes accompanying the PMA’s international partners in common missional work that enhance the capacity of the global church.
The incumbent in this position will serve as a knowledgeable resource and key implementer of actions related to international real estate, commensurate with the PC (USA) Real Estate policy, which affirms PC(USA)’s basic responsibility of stewardship, ensuring that the organization’s actions support mission work for the benefit of our global partners, including the transfer of real estate, and physically and legally safeguarding assets until such transfers take place.
1. Update property disposition strategy for remaining PC (USA) properties, primarily, in countries in Asia and the Middle East in ways that (i) enable the PCUSA to incur no or minimal expenses and/or generates mission revenue; and (ii) adheres to the PC (USA) Real Estate Policy.
2. Coordinator work and deliverables with other PC(USA) and/or Administrative Services Group (ASG) staff through the Presbyterian World Mission Associate Director.
3. To serve as liaison for all international property matters between PC (USA), A Corporation staff, legal counsel, and ecclesial and institutional mission partners.
4. Facilitate the delivery of required data/information to the international real estate firm and portfolio advisor, should PC (USA) engage such an entity.
5. Ensure that PC (USA) fulfills all required steps before any PC (USA) property is disposed of.
6. Facilitate the execution and tracking of Powers of Attorney (POA) as needed.
7. Submit weekly, documented, status updates of work performed to the World Mission Associate Director.
8. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Business or Finance preferred) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 5+ years’ experience in.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ work in international and/or commercial real estate, or Contract Management.
• 3+ years’ experience managing simultaneous projects.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Windows, Excel and related software.
• Strong organization skills and an ability to appropriately prioritize multiple tasks and projects with grace.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaborative abilities.
• Analytical and decision-making skills, with keen and mature judgment.
• Ability to be accountable, deliver excellence, and exercise tact and discretion.
• A self-starter, with an ability to work independently and as a part of a team, taking both initiative and direction, as appropriate.
• Significant experience managing logistics projects for meetings from inception to conclusion.
• Understanding of Real Estate principle, financials and budgets.
• Ability to negotiate and oversee successful completion of complex transactions.
• Skilled at performing financial analysis and synthesizing information into a clear business case recommendation.
• Comfortable interacting with Executives and Senior Leadership.
• Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management skills.
• Excellent problem solving, organization and communication skills
• Understanding of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and the Presbyterian Mission Agency.
• Understanding of reformed theology and the ability to incorporate reformed theology within work.
• Understanding of PMA’s call to be a Matthew 25 church
• Fluency in languages other than English is a plus.
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending accounts, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates from Presbyterian communities in the global south and other historic Presbyterian Communities of Color, preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
Individuals living with disability encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Associate Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1