With national offices in Louisville, Kentucky, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) focuses on the national and international mission work of the church. It serves and works with congregations, presbyteries, and synods as the central provider of resources that enable individuals, congregations, and governing bodies to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ in the world. The work at the Presbyterian Center is carried out by approximately 400 staff members in several national entities: Office of the General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan, Presbyterian Mission Agency, Presbyterian Publishing Corporation and Presbyterian Women.
Under general supervision, provide primary support for a Windows and Apple-based network used for electronic commerce, email, and other internal and external applications. Design, implement and maintain installation and maintenance procedures for the servers. Monitor and analyze the performance and security of the servers, workstations, and the applications running on them. Provide technical expertise to the IT and general PC(USA) staff regarding Windows operating systems, all servers & storage devices, system and Internet security and IT and security best practices. Provide excellent customer service.
1. Install, monitor, maintain, configure, document, and repair Windows servers and VMWare hosts
2. Install, monitor, maintain, configure, document, and repair Citrix and other enterprise level applications including cloud-based systems and storage.
3. Determine level, configure, monitor, document, and maintain firewalls, backup and restore systems, and security
4. Install, monitor, maintain, configure, document, and repair LAN/WAN, VOIP, and wireless networking equipment
5. Provide support for remote location and deployed staff using a variety of remote management tools including Citrix, Go To Meeting, and VNC
6. Provide technical expertise and support to the Database Administrators, Web Development Team and Desktop Support Staff as needed.
7. Shared on-call support 24x7
8. Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary training in a related field and/or IT certifications in the applicable disciplines.
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Candidate should have advanced knowledge and experience with at least three of the following disciplines:
• Cybersecurity (including managing endpoint security software and/or other cybersecurity systems)
• Advanced Windows 10 Support including desktop deployment and imaging
• Desktop Management software for application deployment and OS patching (preferably LANDESK/Ivanti)
• Office 365 Administration with a strong understanding of Exchange online.
• Microsoft Active Directory networking
• VMWare Management
• Veeam Backup and Recovery
• Providing second-level technical support to end users (both telephone and in-person)
- Experience in assisting with the management of a medium-size, complex network that consists mainly of Windows physical and VM virtual servers, while also managing enterprise-level applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting and maintaining a network that is varied in its equipment and needs. A high level of troubleshooting experience is required.
- Proficiency with the English language required; proficiency in one or more additional languages strongly preferred.
- Strong VMWare experience
- Experience managing Servers and Storage (preferably Cisco HyperFlex)
- Experience building, patching and supporting Windows servers and desktops.
- Experience supporting multi-tiered applications
- Working knowledge of Cisco switching
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 e-mail experience
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Desktop management experience (preferably Ivanti)
- Cyber Security experience (anti-virus email security)
- Citrix experience preferred but not required
- Strong Windows Active Directory experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of hardware firewall technology
- Ability to occasionally lift 50lbs or less for server and switch placement.
- Ability to crawl under desks and climb a ladder.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to understand and process written and verbal information
- Ability to work in an office setting
- Ability to work evening/weekend hours on occasion
- Ability to see, hear, speak, type, write and move from one location to another while performing tasks
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending accounts, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates from Presbyterian communities in the global south and other historic Presbyterian Communities of Color, preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
Individuals living with disability encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Network Analyst III
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1