With national offices in Louisville, Kentucky, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) focuses on the national and international mission work of the church. It serves and works with congregations, presbyteries, and synods as the central provider of resources that enable individuals, congregations, and governing bodies to carry forth the mission of Jesus Christ in the world. The work at the Presbyterian Center is carried out by approximately 400 staff members in several national entities: Office of the General Assembly, Presbyterian Investment and Loan, Presbyterian Mission Agency, Presbyterian Publishing Corporation and Presbyterian Women.
This position manages the planning, design, measurement, assessment, and improvement of the translation, interpretative, and language services for the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
1. Assess the scope of translation, interpretive, and language needs of the organization, including languages provided and types of services provided. Make recommendations on appropriate human and technical resources needed to accomplish the completion of language services projects.
2. Upon completion of the assessment and approval of the recommendations, implement necessary modifications and perform periodic assessments as needed.
3. Hire, onboard, train, and manage the Global Language Resources team. Set work priorities and delegate work assignments. Coordinate work efforts of staff and other resources.
5. Develop, implement, and manage to performance metrics. Audit projects to ensure timely, accurate, and high-quality deliverables
6. Prepare budgets and set priorities; utilize appropriate analyses and techniques to make informed decisions as to how funds and resources should be applied to work goals.
7. Generate and analyze reports on project deliverables, issues management and resolution, vendor and expense management and budgets.
Essential Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years related project management and employee supervision experience
- Experience working in church or other faith-based or non-profit organization very helpful
- Excellent command of English and one or more additional language(s), verbal and written
- Knowledge of translation and interpretation processes and techniques
- Ability to onboard, coordinate, mentor, and coach people
- Strong customer service skills and ability to create and manage a team committed to the delivery of excellent service
- Proven ability to analyze data, using the data to drive decision-making and implement effective resolutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences in a diverse environment
- Proven ability to lead by influence, giving and receiving feedback effectively
- Strong prioritization, time management skills, ability to delegate effectively and be adaptable in response to changing needs.
- Knowledge of the polity and language relevant to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A).
We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure, and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) offers a competitive benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Pension Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending accounts, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates from Presbyterian communities in the global south and other historic Presbyterian Communities of Color, preferably with theological training and fluency in languages other than English, are encouraged to apply.
Individuals living with disability encouraged to apply.
This job reports to the Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1