Professional Janitorial Service is one of the largest and fastest growing privately owned commercial cleaning companies in Central Texas, San Antonio and El Paso. We pride ourselves in providing high quality cleaning services to many office buildings. PJS is more equipped than any other company in the state of Texas to help our customers do their job and do it well. The key to our success is our people! We employ the best people in the industry! Our team includes over one hundred years of combined experience in providing the highest-level cleaning services available. PJS of Texas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Looking to hire several part time Floor Techs to work approximately 20-35 hours per week, depending on position, at various buildings throughout Austin. Mileage reimbursement provided and commuting time paid. Valid drivers license and own transportation is required.
Responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing and bonneting of areas that include offices, corridors, lobbies, entrances, and stairwells. Strip and wax floors, mop and clean floors, understand chemicals usage, vacuum offices and common areas. Operate chemical dispensing units. Other required duties may be assigned by the supervisor such as light maintenance and janitorial duties.
• Provide slick floor services, such as stripping, waxing, spray buffing, sweeping, and mopping, to include proper edging on all floor surfaces;
• Used both high speed and low speed buffers and burnishing equipment on slick floors, applied proper chemical for stripping, waxing, and buffing of slick floors, using chemical safety;
• Used slow speed carpet bonneting machine on all carpeted floor, in a safe and efficient manner, cleans all carpet, used carpet extractor on all carpets as scheduled;
• Cleaned baseboards throughout the facility, responded to floor care emergency calls; such as, spills, body fluids, and markings, using proper equipment to clean area, always using universal precautions;
• Disinfected floor care equipment after each use, completed simple preventative maintenance tasks on floor care equipment, vacuumed all floors as scheduled;
• Move office furniture and supplies in order to clean;
• Complete work assignments on a timely manner;
• Utilize the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure;
• Follow all proper safety procedures.
• Minimum one year of experience as a floor technician is preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate;
• Must have driver’s license, clean driving record and be able to pass a criminal background check
• Wear company uniform while on duty.
• Ability to understand and follow directions from the Manager.
• Attend mandatory staff meetings
• Follow company policies and procedures
• Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
PJS of Texas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Paid Vacation
This is a Part-Time position Varying evening hours, approximately 20-36 hours per week.
Number of Openings for this position: 5