5D Shield approaches loss prevention, safety, and security in a comprehensive manner to protect our clients in today’s threat climate. Unlike traditional safety and security actions which can be classified as reactive, 5D Shield considers all its programs to be proactive. Driven by the idea of deterring risk as well as preventing the development of threatening or unsafe situations. A successful security curriculum is a core pillar in safety that utilizes proven strategies providing measurable results.
Job Skills / Requirements
Special Events Team throughout Colorado on an as needed basis. Work schedule is very flexible.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for protecting valuable assets for a business or vendor.
- Maintain liquor boundaries at special events that sell or distribute alcohol and upholding the Colorado liquor laws.
- Be mentally engaged in the event through observation and report all problems or potential hazards to the Special Event Security Supervisor.
- Conduct routine perimeter patrols and confirm with security team through frequent radio communication.
- Understand the logistics of the special event, including its rules & regulations, presented in a security briefing before the event by the Security Supervisor.
- Provide exceptional customer service to the client and all guests attending the event. This includes providing general information for the event venue and giving directions to local points of interest (parking, bathrooms, medical stations, vendor locations, restaurants, etc.).
- Primarily working outside in various weather conditions, which could include extreme temperatures and inclement weather (i.e. hot, cold, rain, snow, sleet, etc.).
- Often involves long periods of standing in one place while maintaining mental focus and presenting positive body language.
Pay Starts at $15/hr, Flexible, Gig-Style Scheduling
- Ability to perform job tasks in an extremely professional manner in a customer service driven industry.
- Attention to detail.
- Constant awareness of surroundings.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Basic computer skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Previous security, military, EMS or law enforcement experience preferred, but not required.
- Provide credible references and I-9 Employment Eligibility Documentation (legal eligibility to work in the U.S.).
Additional Information / Benefits
WORK: Shifts available across the mountain and access to all events and concerts! You will be paid $15/hr.
STAY: While working for 5D Shield you can stay in the bunk house in Avon, CO. This is hostel style housing with 20+ bunk beds, 2 showers and laundry facilities. Take couple of extra nights to catch some powder turns at the ski resorts!
PLAY: Bring your gear and get ready to play! Our bunkhouse is located approximately 1 mile to the entrance of Beaver Creek and 10 miles from Vail.
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check