Job Skills / Requirements
First Coast Security (FCS) has experienced tremendous growth over the past 20 years. Our commercial and government clients consistently select us because we are passionate about protecting their best interests, and adhere to our core values of excellence, courage, integrity, and professionalism. At FCS, we do require individuals to be reliable, dedicated and take pride in themselves and what they do.
Currently we are seeking Full-Time Armed Security Guards throughout the Jacksonville area to join our teams in the protection of some of the region’s most critical facilities and locations.
Details of positions available:
Pay rates: up to $15.00 an hour with WEEKLY PAY
What’s in it for you:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (after one year)
- 401 (K)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Referral Program
- Weekly pay
- FREE Uniforms
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have a valid Drivers License
- Must have clean criminal background/ and pass drug test
- Able to work up to 12 hours shifts
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- D and G license preferred but not required. We can *sponsor* the right candidates through the G course!!
- Attention to detail
- 1 year armed security experience preferred, but not required.
- Able to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Able to move over 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time as well as ability to ascend and descend stairs
- Reliable transportation
- Able to answer phones and/or operate a radio
- Able to write reports using Microsoft Word
- Inform violators of policy and procedures
- Impeccable character/integrity
- Ability to communicate (possess good communication skills) effectively at all times
- Must have good interpersonal skills, i.e., he/she must be a people person
- The security officer must be customer-friendly
Basic Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect, patrol and secure company assets and spaces
- Sound alarm or place necessary calls to the appropriate authorities (police or fire service) in case of any emergency
- Control and supervise the entrance of both individuals and vehicles in the office area
- Evaluate problems related to the security of property and take appropriate preventative and protective actions
- Investigate and handle disturbances and, as needed, obtain police and law enforcement assistance
- Complete daily activity reports, Incident reports, ad other mandated reports per the job assignment and post orders
- Other duties assigned as per the Standard operating procedures
First Coast Security is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace.
Our continued mission is to advance the security industry by providing world class services, delivered by highly trained professionals who are inspired to serve at their utmost potential.
The strength of First Coast Security is derived from its commitment to treating associates and customers with the highest level of respect. Men and women from the armed forces, law enforcement and other high-caliber sectors join the First Coast Security team because they understand that commitment, character and customer service are the foundation for success. Each applicant must undergo thorough screening and training before he or she is permitted to wear the FCS badge.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma
Certification Requirements (All)
"D" Security license
Class G Armed Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the george lynch
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 4