Job Skills / Requirements
Position Type: Part-Time Unarmed Gate House Security Officer
Tentative Start Date: 9/22/21
Shift Type: First, Second and Third
Pay rate: $14.50 with WEEKLY PAY
- Sat/Sun – 6A-2P (16 HPW)
- Mon/Tues – 2P-10P (16 HPW)
- Fri/Sat – 10P-6A (16 HPW)
Here at First Coast Security (FCS), we have grown tremendously over the past 20 years. Our commercial and government clients consistently select us because we are passionate about protecting their best interests, and adhere to our core values of excellence, courage, integrity, and professionalism. At FCS, experience is not necessary. However, we do require individuals who are reliable, dedicated and who take pride in themselves and what they do.
Now is your opportunity to join our professional security team! If what you are looking for is a set schedule, great benefits, and weekly pay.
Apply today! We offer WEEKLY PAY- HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION BENEFITS- 401 (k)- FREE UNIFORMS (full-time officers only.
Come start a career with FCS!
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR FCS TODAY IF:
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid "D" security license
- Have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have clean criminal background/ and pass drug test
- Able to work 8 hours shifts
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Attention to detail
- 1-year gate house security experience preferred, but not required.
- Able to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Able to move over 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time as well as ability to ascend and descend stairs
- Reliable transportation
- Able to answer phones and/or operate a radio
- Able to write reports using Microsoft Word
- Informed violators of policy and procedures
- Impeccable character/integrity
- Ability to communicate (possess good communication skills) effectively at all times
- Must have good interpersonal skills, i.e., he/she must be a people person
- The security officer must be customer-friendly
BASIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a highly visible post and requires professionalism, confidence, knowledge, and an eagerness to serve. The Gate Officer is the first impression visitors and vendors have of the Turtle Creek community as they approach the Turtle Creek property. Primary responsibilities include:
- Uniforms and other visible accessories identifying legitimate security and Gate officers
- General and Special Post Orders providing Gate Officers guidance regarding the expectations of the position and instructions on their day-to-day duties, as well as how to respond to emergency and unexpected matters that may arise during their shift.
- A professional outward appearance and a courteous, positive attitude by the Gate and Patrol Officers when dealing with residents, guests, and vendors wishing to enter the Turtle Creek community or while on the Turtle Creek premises.
- Accurate and timely duty logs, incident reports, and other documents, documenting the activities and incidents that occurred during their shift.
- Notification by the Company to Management regarding any incidents, complaints, etc. made directly to them by their officers, and communications regarding any matter which impacts the smooth and efficient operation of the gatehouse or patrol services including, but not limited to, advance notice of replacement or removal of officer or key personnel, equipment needs and repairs, matters resulting in adverse publicity for the community- both internal and external to the community, etc.
- Surveillance cameras placed around the community to view the perimeter boundaries of the community as well as the main entrance to the community via the entry gates at the gatehouse
- Computer databases of residents, permanent guests, and others who enter the community on a regular basis
- Point of contact for the community for vehicle registration and access devices (i.e., stickers, labels, etc.) allowing access to the Turtle Creek community.
- Automated access by residents using access control technology.
MORE ABOUT US:
First Coast Security has had the privilege of partnering with customers in the residential, commercial, and government sectors around the country for more than 20 years. The company has grown tremendously by adhering to its core values of excellence, courage, integrity, and professionalism.
First Coast Security is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace.
Our continued mission is to advance the security industry by providing world class services, delivered by highly trained professionals who are inspired to serve at their utmost potential. The strength of First Coast Security is derived from its commitment to treating associates and customers with the highest level of respect. Men and women from the armed forces, law enforcement and other high-caliber sectors join the First Coast Security team because they understand that commitment, character, and customer service are the foundation for success. Each applicant must undergo thorough screening and training before he or she is permitted to wear the FCS badge.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma
Certification Requirements (Any)
"D" Security license
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Neil Bacon
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 2