For over 20 years First Coast Security has had the privilege of partnering with customers in the commercial, residential, and government sectors around the country. Our passion lies in protecting each customer’s best interests — whatever, wherever, and whoever that may be. We provide world-class services, delivered by highly trained professionals who are inspired to serve at their utmost potential. We ensure this by recruiting, training, and retaining people who share our commitment to excellence. Our company has grown tremendously by adhering to its core values of excellence, courage, integrity, and professionalism.
Position Title: Account Manager
Reports To: Regional Security Director
Job Skills / Requirements
Operations management of security services provided to an assigned account (contract) location including customer service and problem resolution, service enhancement and expansion, new business development, operational oversight, preparation of post instructions, staffing, scheduling, supervision, and training.
- This job is distinguished by responsibility for managing service provided to an assigned account location.
- This job description applies only to positions performing essential functions of the nature described or to carry out tasks that are directly and closely related to such work.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary by position and may be documented separately. An employee holding this job may be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks will be deemed to be part of the essential functions of the job, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they may be deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- An employee holding this job will be held accountable for job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. An employee is required to notify his or her immediate supervisor upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures.
- Serves as a key point of customer management contact to ensure the delivery of high-quality customer service for assigned account; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
- Meets regularly with customer management for status updates and addresses any actual or potential problems; provides support in security planning, assessments, and surveys; reviews and updates post instructions.
- Oversees, participates in, and coordinates with First Coast Security Services Corporate Office in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development, and retention of high caliber staff; ensures that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns and directs work; coach employees, and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary; supports staff as appropriate in carrying out their respective responsibilities.
- Assist in development and administration of budget in relation to assigned account.
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures; ensures that the staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares and coordinates staffing schedules with First Coast Security Services Branch Manager / Corporate Office; ensures scheduling is handled effectively to meet customer requirements while controlling labor costs; reviews Security Officer site reports to ensure post instructions and customer directives have been satisfactorily followed; personally inspects all posts as part of the evaluation of the security staff.
- Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Facilitates teamwork and the implementation of progressive change.
- Reviews all Alarm tickets including but not limited to Audits, DFOs, DHOs, and Active Alarms.
- Provides management with weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. These reports include but are not limited to, Activity reports, Metrics, SLA reports, Incident reports, Staff attrition rates/reasons, and any additional information requested by customer.
- Onboarding new staff into data base.
- Creating badge creation tickets.
- Continuous training protocol for Supervisors, Control Room Operators, and all Officers.
- Post order updates and revisions.
Minimum Qualifications at Entry
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of this position.
Education / Experience:
Associates Degree and 3+ years of progressively responsible, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by First Coast Security Services (The Company). Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education based on one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing:
- Understanding of security operations.
- Knowledge of business operations management and human resources administration.
- Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop solutions.
- Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective leader and member of project teams.
- Ability to facilitate progressive change.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
Working Conditions and Physical / Mental Demands
- With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Successful passage of background, reference, psychological, and controlled substance tests.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular use of company vehicle when required in performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent sitting.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Responding on and on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.
- Any other unlisted but specified function, task or duty that is requested by First Coast Security Services Corporate Management in a reasonable manner.
First Coast Security are ensuring that we meet the state’s mandatory requirements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Education Requirements (Any)
Certification Requirements (All)
Valid Drivers License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Regional Security Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 4