At FCS, our passion lies in protecting each customer’s best interests — whatever, wherever, and whoever that may be. We provide world-class services, delivered by highly trained professionals who are inspired to serve at their utmost potential. We ensure this by recruiting, training, and retaining people who share our commitment to excellence.
FCS has had the privilege of partnering with customers in the commercial, residential, and government sectors around the country for more than 20 years. The company has grown tremendously by adhering to its core values of excellence, courage, integrity, and professionalism. FCS is a licensed security agency in multiple states across the country.
Job Skills / Requirements
Accounts Payable Specialist Duties:
- Be responsible for processing all accounts payable in an efficient and timely manner.
- Code invoices, expense reports, vouchers, check requests and other similar items with correct codes, conforming to standard procedures in entering data into the financial system.
- Prepare and manage all invoices daily and send for approval by field managers
- Take care of all vendor correspondence via phone or email, evaluating and reconciling all vendor statements.
- Monitor all calls by vendors and address all issues in scheduling and disbursing accounts payable.
- Collect and maintain all receipts for credit card purchases.
- Resolve invoice and un-vouchered discrepancies.
- Prepare and process weekly payments, which include online payments, checks, credit cards and Automated Clearing House (ACH) bank files.
- Manage and verify all expense reports, ensuring their compliance with company policies.
- Maintain and update all accounts payable data, as well as ensure accuracy in general ledgers.
- Evaluate all accounts payable balance and resolve all issues regarding unpaid invoices.
- Process 401K filings and payments
- Prepare batch check runs, ACH files and online payments
- Help with monthly closings and status reports.
- Reconcile various accounts by identifying omissions or errors in posting by applying the right accounting standards.
- Receive, research, and resolve routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status.
- File, maintain and distribute accounting reports, records and documents.
- Maintain vendor records.
- Monitor all payment submissions and ensure they are processed timely.
- Work to improve processes in assigned accounting functions
- Perform other duties that are needed to support the accounting department.
- Perform other general accounting projects and tasks as assigned.
- Proven working experience as Accounts Payable clerk
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma
Additional Information / Benefits
- Successfully complete a background check and drug test
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preffered
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Joe Morosco
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1