Since 1998, Action Staffing Services, LLC has provided superior service to help motivated individuals find the right fit within various job markets. We match your skills and abilities to job openings across a broad client base that are looking for qualified, reliable personnel to handle administrative, manufacturing, industrial and distribution responsibilities. We provide various employee benefits from the beginning and many of our temporary positions give you the opportunity to be permanently "hired on" at the location where you work.
Job Skills / Requirements
Action Staffing is in search of dependable, hard-working candidates to fill full-time openings for Prep/Cold Food Production Associate.
Cuts delicatessen meats, vegetables, and cheeses with slicing machine, knives, or other cutters and prepares and serves sandwiches, salads, and other cold food items.
Varied Shifts Include: 5am-1:30p or 9a-5:30pm
Starting Pay: $14.05/hr + $250 Sign-on Bonus*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Obtains daily production schedule and preparation requirements from the Chef.
• Prepares sandwich meats, cheeses, and condiments, and/or salads utilizing approved production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures, and standard portion control.
• Stocks and replenishes deli/cold products and condiments meeting approved merchandising guidelines.
• Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from workstation, stove, and refrigerator.
• Properly stores food in designated areas following HACCP standard wrapping, dating, and rotation procedures.
• Cleans, sanitizes, and maintains counters, work surfaces, refrigeration units and floors in the prep and serving areas.
• Places meat, cheese, or vegetables on cutting board and cuts slices to designated thickness. Positions and clamps meat or cheese on carriage of slicing machine. Adjusts knob to set machine for desired thickness. Presses button to start motor that moves carriage past rotary blade that slices meats and cheeses.
• Interacts with co-workers to ensure compliance with company service standards, inventory, and cash control procedures.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment to comply with all sanitation, ServSafe, and safety requirements.
• Assist with other functions and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred; or 6 months to 1-year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Other Qualifications: Food Handler’s Permit as required by applicable state and county.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Additional Information / Benefits
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
- Free shoes
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Available
- Opportunity to be hired-on by the client
For more information call: 864-292-7450
*Conditions apply ($100 on 1st check and $150 after 90 days)
Action Staffing is an EEO Employer.
OTH1 750: 900449
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability
This job reports to the Supervisor
This is a Full-Time position Schedule Varies .
Number of Openings for this position: 1