With more than 40 years of experience, American Security is the trusted industry leader, delivering a comprehensive range of services in Healthcare, Manufacturing, Technology, Institutional and more.
Job Skills / Requirements
American Security is currently hiring a hard-working, reliable, and self-starting candidate for a Part-Time Security Officer position in the Landrum, SC area. (Glassy Mountain, SC)
Starting pay: $13.00/HR + $500 Sign-on Bonus*
Schedule: Part-time Floater Position: 2nd Shift & Weekends
(Possibility* for Full-time hours in Spring 2022)
Job Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Patrol and maintain general security of assigned property as described in post orders.
- Utilize a computer, smartphone, or similar device to maintain a Daily Activity Report, and create Incident and Facility Maintenance Reports.
- Work under the general supervision of Field Supervisor and Client Manager.
- Maintain consistent performance, attendance, uniform appearance, and professional grooming.
- Maintain professional communications with clients and colleagues.
- Respond to emergency calls including medical, fire, and damage to property
- Must be at least 18 years old (21 years old for specific client sites and all armed positions).
- Must be a US Citizen – Applicable to the state of South Carolina only.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and monitors.
- Must be able to read and write a report.
- Must have good organization and communication skills.Must be able to listen and identify issues quickly and accurately.
- Must pass a driving record screening and complete criminal background check.
- Must be approved by South Carolina Law Enforcement Division or State Equivalent
- Employment as a registered security officer may be contingent on the results of a character, and fitness investigation.
- Applicants may be required to pass a medical examination testing the applicant’s ability to perform the essential job functions of a security officer. This may include screening for the use of performance impairing drugs.
- Previous military applicants must present a DD214 or NGB Form 22.
To be considered for employment, please apply online. You may call the office to follow-up at 864-292-7450
Education Requirements (Any)
High School diploma or GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
- Weekly Pay & Direct Deposit/Pay Card
- + $500 Sign-On Bonus**
- $250 Referral Bonus* Program
- Free Uniforms & Paid SLED Training
- One Week Paid Vacation
- SLED or State Equivalent Licensing
American Security of Greenville, LLC is an EEO Employer.
SEC1 404: 103189
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Supervisor
This is a Part-Time position 2nd Shift, Weekends.