WHO IS THIS FOR?
We are seeking an energetic and hard working DAY PORTER to maintain the cleanliness of all the common areas and the grounds for a large account in the East End of Louisville consisting of some of the most prominent commercial office space.
WE offer an environment that values a servant leadership mentality, sheer hard work and hustle, positive energy, and most importantly, a culture that is more like a family than a workplace, and a place where we truly care for one another. We hire on work ethic and character first and experience second. We have an extreme focus on building genuine realtionships with great people - both our team members and our customers.
- Maintain First Class Standards of cleaning throughout the building on a daily basis, with a focus on the common areas.
- Areas to clean include, but are not limited to, the lobby floors, elevators, stairwells, entrance glass, common area restrooms, and the grounds outside the main entrances.
- Service all tenant space as needed.
- Clean spills and other pop-up cleaning needs, as needed.
- Build relationships with tenants and the property management team.
- Help to build and maintain the First Class culture and promote our core values with your team members
- Promote a strong safety culture and work environment where team member safety needs and concerns are addressed
- Assist with the monitoring, ordering, and delivery of supplies, chemicals, and other resources necessary for the team to effectively perform their responsibilities
- Perform regular inspections to ensure quality standards are consistently being met
- Build a strong operations support structure at your site by leading and developing your team members
- Ensure staffing needs are met and provide coverage where employee absences could impact the completion of the scope of work
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- At least 2 years management experience, preferably in the commercial cleaning industry, but not required.
- First Class Polo and Dress/Khaki Pants required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to quality work
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Resourceful team player with a positive and approachable demeanor
- Ability to lift over 35 lbs
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and climb stairs if needed for extended periods of time
- Stable work history that demonstrates reliability and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must pass a criminal background check
To apply, please submit your application through this job site or apply directly at www.wecleanlouisville.com/join-our-team.
Job Skills / Requirements
FIRST CLASS IS EXPANDING!!!
THE OPPORTUNITY (DAY PORTER - FULL TIME - 1ST SHIFT):
This is a HUGE opportunity for a great DAY PORTER (aka day cleaner that cleans the common areas of large commercial office buildings during the day) that is willing to work their butt off! This is also an opportunity to be part of our great company in the Louisville market, and the opportunity to service a large customer. Lastly, this is also an opportunity to help First Class improve upon what we have already built over the last 5 1/2 years and add to that same culture and service. If you are one of the hardest workers you know but don't seem to get the credit you deserve, or perhaps you are hustling every day at your current job but they are not providing you with the resources, the training, and the love you need, then this may be the right job for you.
The "DAY PORTER" position requires great communication skills, as you will be interacting with tenants and customers all day long.
First Class' CORE FOCUS is simple - To make a positive impact in the lives of our team members and to wow our clients every day! This is WHY we get up every morning at First Class!!
First Class Commercial Cleaning was founded by John Disselkamp, a UK Grad and native Louisvillian, back in January of 2016 with hardly a penny in the bank and nothing but a mop, a couple rags, and a bottle of windex he bought at Wal-Mart. From those very humble beginnings a short 5 years ago to today where we are fortunate enough to serve 130 families and 47 mid to large commercial facilities, John attributes that growth to the simple things: Treating people well and Working Hard. He also believes First Class' extreme focus on relationships and communication has played a pivotal role in our ability to service our customers.
WHO IS FIRST CLASS?
First Class is proud to be a Kentucky-Based Independently Owned and Operated Janitorial Company. As one of the FASTEST GROWING companies in the state of Kentucky, First Class provides nightly janitorial services, day porter services, and commercial floor services to a portfolio of 47 “Class A” office buildings (and some medical) in Kentucky, ranging from as small as 20,000 sq ft up to 500,000 sq ft. Most importantly, we are fortunate enough to SERVE over 150 team members and their families.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
This job reports to the Area Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1