WHO IS THIS FOR?
We are seeking an energetic, hard working, and EXPERIENCED FLOOR TECHNICIAN to service the floors for a large commercial account in downtown Lexington, consisting of some of the most prominent commercial office space in all of Kentucky. This person will serve as both a floor tech and utility specialist, and will oversee the floor program for the buidling.
WE offer an environment that values a servant leadership mentality, sheer hard work and hustle, positive energy, and most importantly, a culture that is more like a family than a workplace, and a place where we truly care for one another. We hire on work ethic and character first and experience second. We have an extreme focus on building genuine realtionships with great people - both our team members and our customers.
- Run floor machines on a nightly basis (Mon-Fri) to properly maintain the floors to First Class Standards.
- Oversee the floor program for the site.
- Serve as a utility specialist as well to assist the TEAM with various projects that may require more expertise.
- Serve as a backup team lead as needed
- Help to build and maintain the First Class culture and promote our core values with our team members
- Promote a strong safety culture and work environment where team member safety needs and concerns are addressed
- Train staff to utilize proper PPE and follow safe movement practices
- Assist with the monitoring, ordering, and delivery of supplies, chemicals, and other resources necessary for the team to effectively perform their responsibilities
- Perform regular inspections of all hard floors and carpet to ensure quality standards are consistently being met
- Build a strong operations support structure at your site by leading and developing your team members
- Assist Site Supervisor as needed to ensure staffing needs are met and provide coverage where employee absences could impact the completion of the scope of work
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
- At least 5 years of commercial floor experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to quality work
- Resourceful team player with a positive and approachable demeanor
- Ability to lift over 35 lbs
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and climb stairs if needed for extended periods of time
- Stable work history that demonstrates reliability and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently
Job Skills / Requirements
FIRST CLASS IS EXPANDING TO LEXINGTON!!!
THE OPPORTUNITY (Full-Time):
This is a HUGE opportunity for a great FLOOR TECH that is willing to work their butt off! MUST HAVE FLOOR EXPERIENCE. This is also an opportunity to get in on the ground level with our company in the Lexington market, and the opportunity to service a large customer/account in downtown Lexington. Lastly, this is also an opportunity to help First Class improve upon what we have already built over the last 5 1/2 years in Louisville and duplicate that same culture and service in the Lexington market. If you are one of the hardest workers you know but don't seem to get the credit you deserve, or perhaps you are hustling every day at your current job but they are not providing you with the resources, the training, and the love you need, then this may be the right job for you.
First Class' CORE FOCUS is simple - To make a positive impact in the lives of our team members and to wow our clients every day! This is WHY we get up every morning at First Class!!
First Class Commercial Cleaning was founded by John Disselkamp, a UK Grad and native Louisvillian, back in January of 2016 with hardly a penny in the bank and nothing but a mop, a couple rags, and a bottle of windex he bought at Wal-Mart. From those very humble beginnings a short 5 years ago to today where we are fortunate enough to serve 130 families and 47 mid to large commercial facilities, John attributes that growth to the simple things: Treating people well and Working Hard. He also believes First Class' extreme focus on relationships and communication has played a pivotal role in our ability to service our customers.
WHO IS FIRST CLASS?
First Class is proud to be a Kentucky-Based Independently Owned and Operated Janitorial Company. As one of the FASTEST GROWING companies in the state of Kentucky, First Class provides nightly janitorial services, day porter services, and commercial floor services to a portfolio of 47 “Class A” office buildings (and some medical) in Kentucky, ranging from as small as 20,000 sq ft up to 500,000 sq ft. Most importantly, we are fortunate enough to SERVE over 130 team members and their families.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
This job reports to the Project Manager
This is a Full-Time position 2nd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1