Security Engineers is actively seeking Unarmed - Full- time and or Part time, weekends, Security Officers who are interested in a career in the private security industry. As Security Engineers continues to grow, so do opportunities within the company. We promote from within, so to achieve your goals of a career in the criminal justice field, Security Engineers is the place to be. Come join us and be part of a company that cares and appreciates its team players.
Job Skills / Requirements
Looking for a career and job to be proud of? Join our team as we are currently seeking Security Leaders that want to make a difference. Full and Part time/Weekend available positions for Unarmed postions.
Prior to submitting a resume and completing the online application, please review the below information.
- Must have a clean criminal background. Background checks are conducted on all employees prior to employment with SEI. Annual checks are also conducted.
- Must have a clean driving record for sites that are supplied by a company or Client vehicle (MVR check will be conducted).
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Ability to obtain a State of TN Security Guard license.
- Have a reliable communication such as home phone or cell phone.
- Have a reliable means of transportation to and from work.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have a high-school diploma.
- Must be at least 19 years of age for unarmed positions and 21 for Armed.
- Hair must be natural colors, neatly cut-groomed and face must be shaved. A trimmed mustache is allowed.
- No earrings or jewelry can be worn on the nose, eyebrows, lips, tongues while on duty.
- SEI provides all uniforms at no charge. Officers must provide their own solid black shoes and maintain them in a clean condition.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions, complete standard forms and logs, compose reports that convey complete information in a legible manner.
- For some sites must have computer experience and ability to use a tablet to conduct security reports.
- Ability to work Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) at some sites.
- Ability to acquire CPR/1st AED certification (based on client’s request)
- Look professional at all times in a clean and pressed uniform.
- Check and secure doors, gates, windows, etc.
- Monitors buildings for unauthorized person, suspicious activity, water leaks, fires, safety hazards, etc.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to emergencies.
- Foot patrols to ensure that the property, equipment, personnel, etc. are secure.
- Records detailed Daily Activity Reports, Incident & Maintenance Reports, Parking Violations, Visitor-Truck Log In’s, etc.
- Must remain alert for the presence of violations and contact the appropriate authority.
- Provide escorts when requested.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Informs and ensures compliance of SEI and Clients policies, such as smoking, loitering, parking violations, etc.
Physical abilities/activities to complete job duties:
- Walking, standing, bending, light lifting, observing, detailed reporting, multitasking, greeting clients and visitors
On the Job Environment:
- Indoor and outdoor, temperatures from cold to heat.
- Open door policy to meet and discuss employee’s concerns, ideas-quality assurance, safety, scheduling needs, etc.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay.
- Paid in-house training.
- Medical Insurance two (2) plans provide choice in costs
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Customized uniforms - 3 sets provided at no cost to employee
- Career Development Path
- Security Officer of the Quarter Award and Bonus
- Safety Award Program
- Direct Deposit
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
All applicants accepted for assignment will not only receive above industry average hourly wage but also paid training, paid Holidays & overtime, free uniforms, flexible shifts, and some positions including health insurance.
Initial interviews can be conducted virtually. Please feel free to contact us with your avilability or one of our team members will reach out to you.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Special Incentive Plans
This job reports to the Branch manager
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, School Hours, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 10