As Security Engineers continues to grow, so do opportunities within the company. We promote from within, so to achieve your goals of a career in the criminal justice field, Security Engineers is the place to be.
Security Engineers is actively seeking Security Officer applicants, who are interested in persuing a career in the private security industry. Applicants must be at least 19 years of age for unarmed positions & at least 21 years of age for armed positions (retirees welcome).
We have openings available for all shifts including weekends.
Security Engineers in home to the best team of professional Security Officers in the industry! Our officers set the example others try to emulate when it comes to the private security industry.
Training is the ingredient that turns an ordinary ‘security guard’ into a Professional Security Officer.
SEI’s goal is to meet and/or even exceed legislated requirements in our efforts to prepare you as professionals for the field such as Interactive real-life scenarios within a classroom setting, Report Writing and Forms, Authority, Responsibilities and Conduct of a Security Officer, Emergency Procedures, Laws Affecting Work, Use of Force and much more!
Our Officers are trained in:
• General physical security
• Access control (both pedestrian and vehicle)
• Vehicular and walking patrols
• Courtesy & professionalism for client’s visitors, customers and employees
• Critical systems checks/monitoring
• Alarm response
• Emergency response
• Carefully document all duties and services performed for clients and use mandated report forms (electronic or paper) as well as various patrol recording devices.
Please visit the following web link to learn more about our company.
- Location: Fort Deposit, AL.
- Shifts available:
- Mon-Fri 2100-0500
- Sat-Mon 0700-1800, 1800-0700
- Must have a valid Driver’s License or Nondriver’s Identification.
- Must have a valid pistol license.
- Must be able to pass firearms qualification.
- Must be able to pass an annual firearms recertification course.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to an hour.
- Open to travel to Hope Hull, AL. (Not a requirement, but it is a plus.)
Job Skills / Requirements
Security Engineers Security Officers are employed to provide protection for people, premises and property at any client location the Security Officer may be assigned to work.
Primary roles of this Security Officer position:
• Conduct internal and external patrols throughout the facility.
• Deter, detect, report and record any criminal or unauthorized activity on client property.
• Report safety and security incidents that they become aware of during their tour of duty.
• Prevent loss to client property from fire or equipment failure.
• Control access to client property.
• Enforce the rules and regulation set forth by the client.
To be considered for employment with Security Engineers, Inc., candidates must:
• Complete required security training and pass a comprehensive written exam. (Company Provided)
• Be at least 19 years of age for unarmed positions & at least 21 years of age for armed positions.
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Have no felony convictions, no convictions for misdemeanors involving moral turpitude (verified by a fingerprint based criminal background check).
• Be of good moral character (as verified by applicant-provided character references and applicant’s credit history and driver’s license record when applicable).
• Be able to verify/explain all gaps in employment and not have been terminated from previous employment for other than honorable circumstances.
• Be in generally good health and physically able to perform the duties assigned.
• Have a telephone or other reliable means of communication.
• Have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
• Have a high school education or suitable equivalent.
• Be literate in the English language and be able to read and understand written orders and instructions, complete standard forms and logs and compose reports that convey complete information.
Armed Security Officer - In addition to the above requirements
• Experience with a firearm is preferred
• Have or can obtain a valid pistol permit
• Complete required "Security training" and pass a comprehensive written exam.
• Complete required "Armed Security Training" and pass a qualification course (Company provided training)
These requirements are the minimum necessary for an applicant to be considered for employment with Security Engineers, Inc. However, clients may specify additional requirements for personnel assigned to their sites.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Security Engineers, Inc. recognizes that employees view benefits as an essential part of their total compensation package when seeking employment. Retention of good employees is an integral part of our overall Quality Assurance Program. Security Engineers has designed a benefit program which has proven to be an effective tool for recruitment and retention.
One of the most comprehensive benefit programs in the security industry, Security Engineers benefits include:
• Holiday Pay
• Paid Training
• Paid Vacations
• Medical Insurance
• Dental & Vision Insurance
• Career Development Path
• Life Insurance (Depending on site)
• Long Term Disability (Depending on site)
• Security Officer of the Quarter Award and Bonus
• Customized Uniforms – 3 sets provided at no cost to employee
All applicants accepted for assignment will not only receive above industry average hourly wage but also paid training, overtime, free uniforms and health insurance options.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Safety Reward Program
This job reports to the Job Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends, Mon-Fri 2100-0500, Sat-Mon 0700-1800, 1800- 0700.