Security Engineers is actively seeking Armed & UnArmed Security Officer applicants (Retirees Welcome!), who are interested in a career in the private security industry.
As Security Engineers continues to grow, so do opportunities within the company. We promote from within, so to achieve your goals of a career in the criminal justice field, Security Engineers is the place to be.
Security Engineers is actively seeking an experienced Security Officer Supervisor to join our team at one of our locations in New Orleans, LA.
Qualified candidates must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook (WinTeam). Strong customer service and communication skills needed.
Must have the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks throughout the day i.e. phone calls, emails, customer requests, and changing environment.
Necessary Skills: strong writing, computer knowledge, customer service, attention to detail, and willingness to learn.
Below listed Job Duties and Responsibilities as well as others as assigned:
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
General knowledge of security and safety protocols.
• Skilled with report preparation for a variety of security and client needs.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Self-motivated with strong problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to read and understand technical forms and security reports.
• Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships accompanying branch manager on sales calls
• Ability to work a variety of work schedules and flexibility to be on-call as needed.
• Possess effective computer skills in Outlook, Excel (WINTEAM) and various software administration.
• Effective leadership and supervisory skill are essential.
Please visit the following web link to learn more about our company.
Security Engineers is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process please email: HR@securityengineersinc.com
Job Skills / Requirements
Primary roles of this Security Supervisor position:
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a TWIC card.
- Perform all duties of a security officer as needed and train officers assigned to their post
- Report and address any questions or concerns brought to their attention by the client site manager
- Assure that all shifts are filled and fill any open shifts by making phone calls and/or assuming an open post until coverage for that post is arranged.
- Perform and document site and officer inspections to evaluate security officers for all aspects of their job including, but not limited to punctuality, attentiveness, uniform and equipment condition and be able to properly report their findings.
- Assure that Vehicle maintenance and cleanliness is kept up to Security Engineers standards.
- Assist with investigations of incidents at assigned sites as directed.
- Be able to write effective and concise reports of site occurances at any particular site.
- Supervisor Guidelines and Responsibilities are subject to change at any given time.
- Supervisors will be required to perform the duties of an armed or unarmed security officer operating in accordance with the rules and regulations of the state in which services are performed, within the guidelines of our clients and Security Engineers Inc.
• Conduct internal and external patrols throughout the facility.
• Deter, detect, report and record any criminal or unauthorized activity on client property.
• Report safety and security incidents that they become aware of during their tour of duty.
• Prevent loss to client property from fire or equipment failure.
• Control access to client property.
• Enforce the rules and regulation set forth by the client.
To be considered for employment with Security Engineers, Inc., candidates must:
Security Officer Supervisor
- Have Security Officer Supervisor experience
- •Complete required security training and pass a comprehensive written exam.
- •Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 21 yrs of age.
- Have no felony convictions, no convictions for misdemeanors involving moral turpitude (verified by a fingerprint based criminal background check).
•Be of good moral character (as verified by applicant-provided character references and applicant’s credit history and driver’s license record when applicable).
•Be able to verify/explain all gaps in employment and not have been terminated from previous employment for other than honorable circumstances.
•Be in generally good health and physically able to perform the duties assigned.
•Have a telephone or other reliable means of communication.
•Have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
•Have a high school education or suitable equivalent.
•Be literate in the English language and be able to read and understand written orders and instructions, complete standard forms and logs, and compose reports that convey complete information.
•Experience with a firearm is preferred
•Have or can obtain a valid pistol permit to become an armed officer through the LSBPSE
•Complete required "Security training" and pass a comprehensive written exam.
•Complete required "Armed Security Training" and pass a qualification course
All candidates must have open availability and flexability to work all days and all shifts.
These requirements are the minimum necessary for an applicant to be considered for employment with Security Engineers, Inc. However, clients may specify additional requirements for personnel assigned to their sites.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Security Engineers, Inc. recognizes that employees view benefits as an essential part of their total compensation package when seeking employment. Retention of good employees is an integral part of our overall Quality Assurance Program. Security Engineers has designed a benefit program which has proven to be an effective tool for recruitment and retention.
One of the most comprehensive benefit programs in the security industry, Security Engineers benefits include:
•Dental & Vision Insurance
•Life Insurance (Depending on site)
•Long Term Disability (Depending on site)
•Alabama Telco Credit Union services
•Customized uniforms – 3 sets provided at no cost to employee
•Career Development Path
•Security Officer of the Quarter Award and Bonus
All applicants accepted for assignment will not only receive above industry average hourly wage but also paid training, overtime, free uniforms, and health insurance options.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Safety Reward Program
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, Other hours as needed may be required.