Security Engineers currently has openings for Field Supervisors in the Birmingham, AL area.
Primary roles for the Field Supervisor position:
The Field Supervisor role is one of the most important positions we have here at Security Engineers Inc. As part of SEI's Field Supervision Team (FST), you will be responsible for supervising and directing the daily duties and responsibilities of all fixed post and patrol officer personnel within your assigned area of responsibility (AOR). This entry level position on the FST is as a Field Lieutenant. You will have the ability of advancing within the team to Field Captain or eventually one day being selected and working as the Field Major responsible for the entire team. Duties of a Field Lieutenant include being a role model, providing leadership, guidance, and training to all officers under your command. You are expected to clearly communicate problems and issues and direct operations at scenes of incidents, calls for service, and special events. Field Lieutenant's maintain daily shift schedules and ensure all required posts are filled and patrol stops are completed during their respective shift. The specific duties and responsibilities of the officers you are expected to supervise are below:
- Safeguard personnel by strictly enforcing access control procedures; verify every badge issued and ensure proper escort before allowing anyone to enter.
- Cameras monitor all entrances, officers provide physical presence to ensure no unauthorized access.
- Every Officer is charged to safeguard against espionage, sabotage, damage and/or theft of client property and/or data.
- Access Control provides assistance to visitors and guests authorized to enter the property.
- Travel around to various clients' sites throughout the day and check on performance of Security Officers and safety of client site (company vehicle will be provided while on duty).
- Physically capable of long foot patrols and standing.
- Conduct internal and external patrols inside/outside of clients' facilities.
- Deter, detect, report and record any criminal or unauthorized activity on client property.
- Report safety and security incidents that they become aware of during their tour of duty.
- Prevent loss to client property from fire or equipment failure.
- Enforce the rules and regulation set forth by the client.
- In the event of an emergency at a client's site, you will be dispatched to take charge of the situation.
- Control Room Officer monitors cameras and responds to alarms throughout the property.
- Report writing is critical and attention to detail is a priority.
- Every Security Officer & Field Supervisor is highly trained and equipped to deal with and manage potentially hostile situations in the workplace; responding to emergencies and alarms.
- SEI provides specialized training in every aspect of hostile workplace situations.
- Table Top exercises and live drills ensure Security Officers not only KNOW their duty, but have practiced it to ensure readiness.
- Computer literate. Every Security Officer completes reports and documentation in a centralized database using client-provided software, generates and prints badges, etc.
- Mature judgement and the ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
- Attention to detail and punctuality are essential to success.
Certifications Required: (provided by Security Engineers, Inc.)
- Complete required "Security training" and pass a comprehensive written exam.
- Complete required "Armed Security Training" and pass a qualification course. Become ASRB certified Armed Security Officer.
- Subject Control Spray - Attend state mandated class room instruction, including exposure.
*Anyone previously certified/exposed to Freeze +P can provide documentation and SEI will waive the exposure portion of the course.
Please visit our website to learn more about our company or to apply.
Job Skills / Requirements
To be considered for employment with Security Engineers, Inc., candidates must:
• Complete required security training and pass a comprehensive written exam. (Company Provided)
• Be at least 19 years of age for unarmed positions & at least 21 years of age for armed positions.
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Have no felony convictions, no convictions for misdemeanors involving moral turpitude (verified by a fingerprint based criminal background check).
• Be of good moral character (as verified by applicant-provided character references and applicant’s credit history and driver’s license record when applicable).
• Be able to verify/explain all gaps in employment and not have been terminated from previous employment for other than honorable circumstances.
• Be in generally good health and physically able to perform the duties assigned.
• Have a telephone or other reliable means of communication.
• Have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
• Have a high school education or suitable equivalent.
• Be literate in the English language and be able to read and understand written orders and instructions, complete standard forms and logs and compose reports that convey complete information.
Armed Security Officer - In addition to the above requirements
• Experience with a firearm is preferred
• Have or can obtain a valid pistol permit
• Complete required "Security training" and pass a comprehensive written exam.
• Complete required "Armed Security Training" and pass a qualification course (Company provided training)
These requirements are the minimum necessary for an applicant to be considered for employment with Security Engineers, Inc. However, clients may specify additional requirements for personnel assigned to their sites.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
BenefitsSecurity Engineers, Inc. recognizes that employees view benefits as an essential part of their total compensation package when seeking employment. Retention of good employees is an integral part of our overall Quality Assurance Program. Security Engineers has designed a benefit program which has proven to be an effective tool for recruitment and retention.
One of the most comprehensive benefit programs in the security industry, Security Engineers benefits include:
• Holiday Pay
• Paid Training
• Paid Vacations
• Medical Insurance
• Dental & Vision Insurance
• Career Development Path
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Security Officer of the Quarter Award and Bonus
• Customized Uniforms – 3 sets provided at no cost to employee
All applicants accepted for assignment will not only receive above industry average hourly wage but also paid training, overtime, free uniforms and health insurance options.
Security Engineers is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process please email: HR@securityengineersinc.com
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Special Incentive Plans
This job reports to the Birmingham Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 4