Dispatch and Scheduling Center Manager
Birmingham, AL, United States of America
The Dispatch & Scheduling Center Manager leads a team responsible for providing best in class scheduling, officer support and quick response dispatching of Security Engineers services. This role oversees overtime management, dispatching, advanced scheduling, and other logistical support. The role is responsible for the performance of the team, along with coaching and training team members to maximize success and profitability.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Coordinates general dispatch, scheduling and emergency communications, and assists with the overall execution of activities of a dispatch center.
- Coordinates with the operations department and clients to ensure rapid, focused, and cost-effective responses to physical security coverage.
- Applies administrative and technical methods, practices, and procedures of physical security dispatching, as well as company policies and programs, to execute complete conventional projects or oversee day-to-day operations.
- Plans work objectives for the Dispatch Center and makes adjustments to meet priorities.
- Complies with occupational safety and health standards
- Ensures a continuing affirmative application of policies concerning equal opportunity.
- Ensures that personnel management within the organizational entity under supervision is accomplished without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
- Applies administrative and technical methods, practices, and procedures to effectively reduce overtime
- Lead team involvement on service-related issues like no shows, late arrival, missed on the job training schedules and more to ensure a resolution is reached timely
- Serve as the escalation point for operational issues affecting officers and customers
- Escalate complex issues appropriately and provide proposed solutions to departments equipped to solve such problems
- Proactively prepare strategies and department collaboration to encourage officer and customer retention
- Develop a clear strategy to keep team members focused on high performance, scheduling optimization, and strong dispatch management throughout the year
- Implement strategies to examine and improve key processes
- Evaluate and measure success potential against actual to identify areas of growth
- Coordinate staffing to ensure excellent customer service and response is achieved
- Provide regular feedback for team members and other departments to evaluate results and make improvements
- Lead training of new team members; create meetings and opportunities to further train existing team members
- Identify opportunities to reduce loss and increase profitability
Create high impact reporting
- Create clear, timely, and accurate reports for the executive team to facilitate effective decision making
- Create clear, timely, and accurate reports with operations leaders to effectively assess and improve performance
- Continually review processes and workflows to improve tracking and reporting efficiencies
- Regularly collaborate and support team members, customers, and other operational teams to assist in development/implementation of strategies which support SEI officers and customers
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure high-level operational issues are resolved completely and in a timely manner
- Provide back up support across all functions within the team to ensure continuity
- Regularly share best practices and learning opportunities with peers
Coaching and Mentoring
- Develop hiring skills and strategies to hire top quality talent to drive the success of the team
- Develop clear goals for team each year that support company goals and objectives
- Partner with HR to develop and execute a succession plan to ensure the leadership stability and growth of team
- Develop a coaching strategy for team to achieve or exceed goals and objectives
- Regularly review team performance
- Help staff focus on what is within their control to achieve success
- Celebrate success
- Quickly address performance issues in a constructive manner
- Create positive accountability and follow-up to achieve goals
Additional Information / Benefits
Other Duties as Assigned
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
This job reports to the Operations and Regional Management
This is a Full-Time position
1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1