Security Engineers is actively seeking Armed & Unarmed Security Officer applicants (Retirees Welcome!), who are interested in a career in the private security industry. As Security Engineers continues to grow, so do opportunities within the company. We promote from within, so to achieve your goals of a career in the criminal justice field, Security Engineers is the place to be.
Job Skills / Requirements
Looking for a career and job to be proud of? Join our team as we are currently seeking Officers that want to make a difference. Full and Part time available positions for Unarmed-Armed Officers and Supervisors. Armed Officers with a TN State Armed Guard License is plus.
Prior to submitting a resume and completing the online application, please review the below information.
- Must have a clean criminal background. Background checks are conducted on all employees prior to employment with SEI. Annual checks are also conducted.
- Must have a clean driving record for sites that are supplied by a company or Client vehicle (MVR check will be conducted).
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Ability to obtain a State of TN Security Guard license.
- Have a reliable communication such as home phone or cell phone.
- Have a reliable means of transportation to and from work.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have a high-school diploma.
- Must be at least 19 years of age for unarmed positions and 21 for Armed.
- Hair must be natural colors, neatly cut-groomed and face must be shaved. A trimmed mustache is allowed.
- No earrings or jewelry can be worn on the nose, eyebrows, lips, tongues while on duty.
- SEI provides all uniforms at no charge. Officers must provide their own solid black shoes and maintain them in a clean condition.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions, complete standard forms and logs, compose reports that convey complete information in a legible manner.
- For some sites must have computer experience and ability to use a tablet to conduct security reports.
- Ability to work Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) at some sites.
- Ability to acquire CPR/1st AED certification (based on client’s request)
- Look professional at all times in a clean and pressed uniform.
- Check and secure doors, gates, windows, etc.
- Monitors buildings for unauthorized person, suspicious activity, water leaks, fires, safety hazards, etc.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to emergencies.
- Foot patrols to ensure that the property, equipment, personnel, etc. are secure.
- Records detailed Daily Activity Reports, Incident & Maintenance Reports, Parking Violations, Visitor-Truck Log In’s, etc.
- Must remain alert for the presence of violations and contact the appropriate authority.
- Provide escorts when requested.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Informs and ensures compliance of SEI and Clients policies, such as smoking, loitering, parking violations, etc.
Physical abilities/activities to complete job duties:
- Walking, standing, bending, light lifting, observing, detailed reporting, multitasking, greeting clients and visitors
On the Job Environment:
- Indoor and outdoor, temperatures from cold to heat.
- Open door policy to meet and discuss employee’s concerns, ideas-quality assurance, safety, scheduling needs, etc.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay.
- Paid in-house training.
- Medical Insurance two (2) plans provide choice in costs
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Customized uniforms - 3 sets provided at no cost to employee
- Career Development Path
- Security Officer of the Quarter Award and Bonus
- Safety Award Program
- Direct Deposit
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
All applicants accepted for assignment will not only receive above industry average hourly wage but also paid training, paid Holidays & overtime, free uniforms, and some positions including health insurance.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 3