As Security Engineers continues to grow, so do opportunities within the company. We promote from within whenever possible, so there is always room to grow in your career.
Security Engineers is home to the most elite team of professional Security Officers in the industry! Security Engineers' officers set the precedent others try to emulate when it comes to the private security industry.
Security Engineers currently has a few openings for ‘elite’ security officers at a premier location in the Birmingham, AL area.
This is a well established and long-term client which offers top pay for the right candidate!
• Customer Service/Patrol/Access Control Officers: Starts at $16.50 per hour (Must be available to work any shift)
Currently offering - $250 Sign-on Bonus for Birmingham area
Details to be discussed during the interview. Also be sure to ask about our $150 Referral Bonus for encouraging your friends and family to apply.
Training is the ingredient that turns an ordinary ‘security guard’ into a Professional Security Officer.
SEI’s goal is to meet and/or exceed state requirements in our efforts to prepare you as professionals for the field such as Interactive Real-Life Scenarios within a Classroom Setting, Report Writing and Forms, Authority, Responsibilities and Conduct of a Security Officer, Emergency Procedures, Laws Affecting Work, Use of Force and much more!
Our Officers are trained in:
• General Physical Security
• Access Control (both pedestrian and vehicle)
• Mobile and Foot Patrols
• Courtesy & Professionalism for clients' visitors, customers and employees
• Critical Systems Checks/Monitoring
• Alarm Response
• Emergency Response
• Carefully documenting all duties and services performed for clients and use of mandated report forms (electronic or paper) as well as various patrol recording devices.
Please visit the following web link to learn more about our company.
Primary roles of this Security Officer position:
Certifications Required: (provided by Security Engineers, Inc.)
*Anyone previously certified/exposed to Freeze +P can provide documentation and SEI will waive the exposure portion of the course.
To be considered for employment with Security Engineers, Inc., candidates must:
• Complete required security training and pass a comprehensive written exam. (Company Provided)
• Be at least 19 years of age for unarmed positions & at least 21 years of age for armed positions.
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Have no felony convictions, no convictions for misdemeanors involving moral turpitude (verified by a fingerprint based criminal background check).
• Be of good moral character (as verified by applicant-provided character references and applicant’s credit history and driver’s license record when applicable).
• Be able to verify/explain all gaps in employment and not have been terminated from previous employment for other than honorable circumstances.
• Be in generally good health and physically able to perform the duties assigned.
• Have a telephone or other reliable means of communication.
• Have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
• Have a high school education or suitable equivalent.
• Be literate in the English language and be able to read and understand written orders and instructions, complete standard forms and logs and compose reports that convey complete information.
Armed Security Officer - In addition to the above requirements
• Experience with a firearm is preferred
• Have or can obtain a valid pistol permit
• Complete required "Security training" and pass a comprehensive written exam.
• Complete required "Armed Security Training" and pass a qualification course (Company provided training)
High School Diploma or equivalent
SEI will use an overall composite fitness score and minimum scores per component based on aerobic fitness, body composition and muscular fitness components to determine overall fitness. The assessment components are comprised of the following:
1) Body composition evaluated by abdominal circumference measurements
2) Aerobic component evaluated by the 1.5-mile timed run (graduated scale for gender and age)
• 30 – 39-year-old male: 9:34 – 13:14 minutes
• 30 – 39-year-old female: 10:51 – 15:20 minutes
3) Muscular fitness component evaluated by the number of push-up and sit-ups completed within one minute
• 30 – 39-year-old male: 36 – 47 pushups AND 40 – 54 sit-ups
• 30 – 39-year-old female: 20 – 46 pushups AND 33 – 45 sit-ups
• Any candidate not medically cleared to complete the 1.5-mile run will be assessed through an alternative aerobic test consisting of a 2-kilometer walk.
• All components of the fitness assessment must be completed within a three-hour window on the same day and up to two attempts within 90days.
• The muscular fitness components (push-ups and sit-ups) may be accomplished before or after the 1.5-mile run / 2.0-mile walk.
Candidates will be assessed using age and gender-specific composite scores based on the following maximum component scores:
• 60 points for aerobic,
• 20 points for body composition,
• 10 points for push-up
• 10 points for sit-ups.
The following grade will be the determining criteria for this qualification:
Excellent: Composite score equal to or greater than 90 with all minimum components met.
Satisfactory: Composite score of 75 - 89.99 with all minimum components met.
Unsatisfactory: Composite score less than 75 and/or one or more minimum components not met
Security Engineers, Inc. recognizes that employees view benefits as an essential part of their total compensation package when seeking employment. Retention of good employees is an integral part of our overall Quality Assurance Program. Security Engineers has designed a benefit program which has proven to be an effective tool for recruitment and retention.
One of the most comprehensive benefit programs in the security industry, Security Engineers benefits include:
• Holiday Pay
• Paid Training
• Paid Vacations
• Medical Insurance
• Dental & Vision Insurance
• Career Development Path
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Security Officer of the Quarter Award and Bonus
• Customized Uniforms – 3 sets provided at no cost to employee
All applicants accepted for assignment will not only receive above industry average hourly wage but also paid training, overtime, free uniforms and health insurance options.
Security Engineers is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process please email: HR@securityengineersinc.com
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Special Incentive Plans
This job reports to the HR Department
This is a Full-Time position