As Security Engineers continues to grow, so do opportunities within the company. We promote from within, so if your goal is to join a organization you can develop your career, Security Engineers is the place to be.
The Employment Screening Specialist conducts full-service employment screening solutions including the pre-employment processing, performing vendor and account administrative duties and providing exceptional customer and account management services to our customers.
• Responsible for thorough background investigations and preparing investigation reports detailing information including but not limited to: an applicant’s personal history, past and current employment, drug screen tests, education records, criminal and traffic records, military service, credit and reference checks.
• Consults and provides support and ‘best practices’ guidance to recruiters, supervisors, managers and clients regarding compliance with Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and local/state/federal law as it applies to employment checks in hiring/retention decisions.
• Manages employment screening process for client companies.
• Monitors online progress of each request, reviews for missing information and validates the authenticity of all requests. Assists Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA) in researching missing information with assistance from the client or applicant, as necessary.
• Acts as a liaison to research and provide answers to questions surrounding FCRA, EEOC and local/state/federal law as it applies to employment screening.
• Communicates with clients as to recommended checks to be conducted based on client business needs. Monitors and reviews questionable results with clients and provides hiring/retention recommendations base on background check results.
• Interfaces with CRA, managers, supervisors, recruiters and clients to interpret and report employment screening results. Responsible for the administrative compliance with FCRA, EEOC and local/state/federal regulations.
• Works directly with vendor to ensure service level agreements are being met.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent with 2 to 4 years of related experience within security industry, law enforcement and/or military preferred and/or training, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• 2 or more years of adjudicating employment check results for employment decisions or compiling reports for CRA or Third-Party Administrator is strongly preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Principles, practices and procedures of general businesses including FCRA, EEOC and local/state/federal regarding the use of employment screening results in the hiring/retention decision.
• Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures, equipment, business letter writing and filing.
• Familiar with computer applications including Microsoft Office and database programs with the ability to learn new software as needed.
• Effective customer service skills and able to maintain a professional demeanor yet remain assertive with clients regarding compliance matters.
• Communicates tactfully and effectively, both verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
• Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across key stakeholders and business partners.
• Knowledge of security and safety protocols.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, strong attention to detail, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Ability to work independently under moderate supervision.
• Effective problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills.
All applicants accepted for assignment will not only receive above industry average hourly wage but also paid training, paid Holidays & overtime, free uniforms, and some positions including health insurance.
This job reports to the Business Manager
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1