Security Engineers currently has a few openings for specialized officers at a premier location in Hoover, AL.
This is a well established and long-term client which offers top pay for the right candidate!
Corporate Control Room Specialist – Night Shift
$576 to $864 per week
Shift: 32 to 48 hours per week
As a member of a three-person team, you will monitor and control the client’s statewide network of security cameras, alarm systems and contract security personnel. This job requires the ability to learn security protocols and quickly apply the appropriate protocol to any situation that may arise. You must rapidly exercise sound judgement to make correct decisions within the bounds established by applicable security procedures. This job requires the ability to work well with others in a multitasking environment, and efficient keyboarding skill is a definite plus.
- Required – Three years military, law enforcement or armed security experience
- Required - High School Diploma
- Required – Some college (associate’s degree preferred)
- Required – Valid driver’s license
- Preferred – Computer keyboarding experience
- Preferred – Demonstrated ability to multi-task
Essential Job Functions: You will . . .
- Monitor a computer-based alarm panel and determine the appropriate response to alarms
- Monitor a computer-based network of security cameras for unauthorized activities, security breaches and malfunctions of building mechanical infrastructure
- Dispatch security officers by 2-way radio to alarms and incidents
- Receive and acknowledge 2-way radio transmissions
- Apply security protocols to determine whether persons arriving at security checkpoints may or may not be admitted to the building
- Disable or restore employee key-card access, as appropriate, in accordance with security policies
- Perform periodic foot patrols of a corporate office complex
- Prepare reports using a computer-based incident management system
- Modern, smoke-free, corporate environment
- 8- to 12-hour shifts
- Guaranteed minimum 32 hours per week
- Paid 45-minute lunch breaks
All applicants will need to perform an observed typing to test to ensure skills are at an acceptable level for this position.
About Security Engineers: Security Engineers is a premier provider of customized private security solutions headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama
Job Skills / Requirements
- Safeguard personnel by strictly enforcing access control procedures; determine eligibility before authorizing entry into client facilities.
- Monitor cameras positioned throughout client facilities from a central location to safeguard against espionage, sabotage, damage and/or theft of client property and/or data.
- Provide guidance to officers at Access Control Points regarding assistance to visitors and guests authorized to enter the property.
- Ensure proper escort of all visitors and guests.
- Direct responses to alarms throughout the property.
- Report writing is critical and attention to detail is a priority
- Every officer is highly trained and equipped to deal with and manage potentially hostile situations in the workplace; responding to emergencies and alarms.
- SEI provides specialized training in every aspect of hostile workplace situations.
- Red Team evaluations regularly ‘test’ officers on assigned duties to enhance duty readiness.
- Table Top exercises and live drills ensure officers not only KNOW their duty, but have practiced it to ensure readiness.
- Computer literate. Every officer completes reports and documentation in a centralized database using client-provided software, generates and prints badges, etc.
- Mature judgement and the ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
- Attention to detail and punctuality are essential to success.
Certifications Required: (provided by Security Engineers, Inc.)
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This is a Full-Time position