Security Engineers currently has a few openings for ‘elite’ security officers at a premier location in Hoover, AL.
This is a well established and long-term client which offers top pay for the right candidate!
• Access Control Officers: Starts at $14.00 per hour (day and evening shifts, Mon – Sat)
• Benefits include health insurance options (major medical shared premium) including dental, vision, term life and long-term disability, MD live (tele-doc), Aetna indemnity plans (3 levels).
- Military and/or Law Enforcement background (3+ years combined).A 4-year college degree may substitute for 1-year work experience
- Pass medical exam to test vision & hearing (ability to distinguish color is required).
- Pass drug screen
- Pass an annual physical fitness assessment (see details below)
- Pass a background investigation
- Complete a psychological assessment
Please visit the follow web link to learn more about our company.
Security Engineers is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process please email: HR@securityengineersinc.com
$150 Sign-on Bonus
Details will be discussed during the interview.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Safeguard personnel by strictly enforcing access control procedures; verify every badge issued and ensure proper escort before allowing anyone to enter.
- Cameras monitor all entrances, officers provide physical presence to ensure no unauthorized access.
- Every Officer is charged to safeguard against espionage, sabotage, damage and/or theft of client property and/or data;
- Access Control provides assistance to visitors and guests authorized to enter the property;
- Verify authorization
- Take photos as needed
- Print and issue temporary badges
- Ensure proper escort of all visitors and guests
- Control Room Officer monitors cameras and responds to alarms throughout the property.
- Report writing is critical and attention to detail is a priority
- Every officer is highly trained and equipped to deal with and manage potentially hostile situations in the workplace; responding to emergencies and alarms.
- SEI provides specialized training in every aspect of hostile workplace situations.
- Red Team evaluations regularly ‘test’ officers on assigned duties to enhance duty readiness.
- Table Top exercises and live drills ensure officers not only KNOW their duty, but have practiced it to ensure readiness.
- Computer literate. Every officer completes reports and documentation in a centralized database using client-provided software, generates and prints badges, etc.
- Mature judgement and the ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
- Attention to detail and punctuality are essential to success.
(provided by Security Engineers, Inc.)
- Subject Control Spray - Attend state mandated class room instruction, including exposure.
*Anyone previously certified/exposed to Freeze +P can provide documentation and SEI will waive the exposure portion of the course.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
SEI will use an overall composite fitness score and minimum scores per component based on aerobic fitness, body composition and muscular fitness components to determine overall fitness. The assessment components are comprised of the following:
1) Body composition evaluated by abdominal circumference measurements
2) Aerobic component evaluated by the 1.5-mile timed run (graduated scale for gender and age)
• 30 – 39-year-old male: 9:34 – 13:14 minutes
• 30 – 39-year-old female: 10:51 – 15:20 minutes
3) Muscular fitness component evaluated by the number of push-up and sit-ups completed within one minute
• 30 – 39-year-old male: 36 – 47 pushups AND 40 – 54 sit-ups
• 30 – 39-year-old female: 20 – 46 pushups AND 33 – 45 sit-ups
• Any candidate not medically cleared to complete the 1.5-mile run will be assessed through an alternative aerobic test consisting of a 2-kilometer walk.
• All components of the fitness assessment must be completed within a three-hour window on the same day and up to two attempts within 90days.
• The muscular fitness components (push-ups and sit-ups) may be accomplished before or after the 1.5-mile run / 2.0-mile walk.
Candidates will be assessed using age and gender-specific composite scores based on the following maximum component scores:
• 60 points for aerobic,
• 20 points for body composition,
• 10 points for push-up
• 10 points for sit-ups.
The following grade will be the determining criteria for this qualification:
Excellent: Composite score equal to or greater than 90 with all minimum components met.
Satisfactory: Composite score of 75 - 89.99 with all minimum components met.
Unsatisfactory: Composite score less than 75 and/or one or more minimum components not met
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam, Psychological Assessment