ESS Clean, Inc. is the leader in commercial contract cleaning in Central Illinois. We attribute this to our excellent team of cleaners. A core value of ESS Clean is to "Improve the lives of our team" and we look for every opportunity to do just that. Whether you are looking for a part-time job to supplement your income or a bright new career, ESS Clean may be the place for you. We provide quality service for our customers, quality of life for our team and we have fun doing it!
Job Skills / Requirements
JOB TITLE: FULL-TIME FLOATER/FLOOR TECH - NIGHTS - Monday-Friday, 5:30pm-1am, $15/hr, occasional weekend overtime available
***PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT ESSCLEAN.COM - RESUMES FROM 3RD PARTY SITES WILL NOT BE REVIEWED - IF YOU NEED HELP APPLYING PLEASE CALL 309.664.6711**
ARE YOU A TEAM-PLAYER WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE? WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE FLEXIBLE WITH CHANGE AND WILLING TO PITCH-IN WHEREVER NEEDED. IF YOU ENJOY HANDS-ON, ACTIVE WORK, WE WANT TO MEET YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Travel to a variety of accounts, cleaning different locations each evening, covering new accounts and open shifts. Tasks include all General Cleaner job duties, as well as moving furniture/equipment, and operating floor-care machinery. ESS provides a company car for travel while working.
• Perform floor maintenance (scrubbing, stripping, refinishing), carpet care (spot removal, scrubbing, hot-water extraction), upholstery cleaning, window cleaning, construction cleanup, and other special services per contract specifications and for one-time jobs.
• Perform daily general cleaning to cover for absences and open jobs. Must have knowledge of floor, carpet, and upholstery care procedures and associated cleaning products. Cleaning products include floor strippers, sealers, and finishes, carpet and upholstery shampoos and pre-sprays, as well as neutral cleaners and degreasers.
• Must be able to use equipment including mop buckets and mops, dust mops, upright and backpack vacuums, low speed floor machines, high speed floor machines (buffers), automatic scrubbers, wet vacuums, and carpet extractors (both self-contained and box-and-wand).
• Perform all duties of a General Cleaner.
• Scrub or strip hard surface floors.
• Properly apply sealer or finish to scrubbed or stripped floors.
• Scrub and/or extract carpet.
• Clean upholstered furniture.
• Clean windows.
• Perform construction cleanup, including removing heavy trash.
• Safely move heavy equipment (floor machines, automatic scrubbers, wet vacuums, carpet extractors) from one location to another.
GENERAL CLEANER JOB SUMMARY: Perform daily cleaning and stocking of offices, conference rooms, classrooms, lounges, restrooms, entrances, lobbies, hallways, stairwells, medical exam rooms, and other building areas. This includes cleaning walls, windows, furniture, sinks, counter-tops, restroom fixtures, floors, carpets, and other areas.
• Collect trash from waste containers and take collected trash outside to a dumpster.
• Dust surfaces, damp wipe or wax furniture, clean and polish metal surfaces, clean window and door glass.
• Clean and disinfect restroom fixtures; restock restroom dispensers ( paper towels, toilet tissue, hand soap, feminine products); mop restroom floors.
• Dust mop or damp mop floors in entrances, lobbies halls, lounges, and other areas.
• Vacuum carpet, furniture, or floors.
• Maintain equipment, carts, and supply closets in a clean, orderly manner.
• Order and restock cleaning supplies and paper products as needed.
• Identify and report unsafe/unsanitary conditions, equipment repairs, and other problems to Area Manager.
• Communicate with customer via logbook.
• May be required to run floor buffer and/or floor scrubber.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• May be required to perform school summer work (if hired for a school): run floor buffer and/or floor scrubber, strip/wax floors, move furniture and perform any other necessary duties to complete the required summer work. *training will be provided
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to work independently and be self-motivated; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to perform manual tasks including lifting a maximum of 50 pounds. High school diploma or GED preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires frequent walking, standing, stooping, bending, pushing (vacuuming), pulling, carrying and lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires wearing a backpack vacuum. Must have good eyesight to see dust, dirt, and debris to be cleaned.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to follow instructions and routine; able to read, write and measure cleaning products. Must be able to deal with interruptions/multiple demands and variable workload and volume. Knowledge of cleaning methods, products, tools and equipment a plus. Must pay attention to detail regarding quality cleaning practices as well as health and safety requirements. Communicate politely with customers and supervisors.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The position will take place in either a office, school, factory or medical clinic work-place environment. Must go outdoors to dumpster in all kinds of weather. Frequent exposure to dirty or unsanitary conditions. Frequent exposure to cleaning products. Applicant/employee must have the ability to work evening hours.
EQUIPMENT (provided by ESS Clean): Backpack or upright vacuum cleaners; mop and mop bucket; housekeeping cart or barrel with caddy insert and related cleaning items and tools; rubber or latex gloves; and all personal protective equipment.
Additional Information / Benefits
ESS offers competitive pay, competitive benefits, rewarding incentive plans and opportunity for advancement. Are you are ready to join a team whose mission is to hire, train, develop and promote honest people, providing them tools to improve their quality of life?
ESS is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Special Incentive Plans, Scholarship Opportunity
This is a Full-Time position 2nd Shift, Monday-Friday, 5:30pm-1am, occasional weekend overtime available.