ESS Clean, Inc. is the leader in commercial contract cleaning in Central Illinois. We attribute this to our excellent team of cleaners. A core value of ESS Clean is to "Improve the lives of our team" and we look for every opportunity to do just that. Whether you are looking for a part-time job to supplement your income or a bright new career, ESS Clean may be the place for you. We provide quality service for our customers, quality of life for our team and we have fun doing it!
Job Skills / Requirements
JOB TITLE: AREA MANAGER - Monday-Friday, 5pm-1:30am, plus rotating weekends on-call, $18/hr
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT ESSCLEAN.COM - RESUMES FROM 3RD PARTY SITES WILL NOT BE REVIEWED - IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH OUR APPLICATION PLEASE CALL US AT 309.664.6711
AS WE EXPAND AND OUR BUSINESS BECOMES EVEN MORE 'ESSENTIAL', WE ARE LOOKING FOR FLEXIBLE, EXPERIENCED, AND SELF-MOTIVATED MANAGERS TO JOIN OUR TEAM. IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, APPLY TODAY AT ESSCLEAN.COM!
JOB SUMMARY: The primary duty of the Area Operations Manager is to ensure that all routine cleaning operations and special project work is scheduled and completed in the Specified Region. This is accomplished by communicating with Site Supervisors and Team Members (who report to the Operations Manager) and with customers who have special project work pending or who have requested changes or additions to routine cleaning operations. The Area Operations Manager is also responsible for overall quality control and safety.
- Ability to communicate with Branch Manager, HR Manager, Site Supervisors, and front-line Team Members as well as with customers and vendors.
- Plan and schedule all special project work.
- Ensure all daily cleaning operations are completed, including coverage for absences and open jobs.
- Train and coach Site Supervisors and Team Members.
- Ensure the proper training of all Team Members who perform cleaning operations.
- Ensure quality control by monitoring cleaning inspections done by the Area Managers, performing cleaning inspections, and customer feedback.
- Evaluate and implement new cleaning procedures and techniques.
- Assist HR in dealing with employee disciplinary issues, position changes, filling jobs, and other areas
- Interact with Accounting/Inventory on employee issues or supply issues as appropriate.
- Provide leadership to the company by helping with content or programs for management meetings, and suggesting/implementing new ideas for increased efficiency or customer satisfaction.
- Training new team members
- Performing orientations in the office and onsite for new team members
- Filling in on jobs where additional staff is needed due to call-offs and employee turnover
- Working on special projects including floor work and construction cleaning when necessary
- Inspecting buildings, reporting problems and coaching team members to correct problems
- Encouraging and rewarding team members for positive attitude, performance and inspections
QUALIFICATIONS: Above all, honesty and directness in dealing with customers, vendors and Team Members. Must demonstrate ability in a management role. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated. Ability to manage others and set a good example. Ability to interact with customers, vendors, employees, and other members of the management team. Thorough knowledge of cleaning procedures, methods, products, and equipment. Associates Degree or equivalent and five years management experience in commercial cleaning environment preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform all tasks associated with General Cleaning.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Must maintain a positive attitude in difficult and tense situations.
Additional Information / Benefits
ESS offers competitive pay, competitive benefits, rewarding incentive plans and opportunity for advancement. Are you are ready to join a team whose mission is to hire, train, develop and promote honest people, providing them tools to improve their quality of life?
ESS is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Scholarship Opportunity
This is a Full-Time position Monday-Friday, 5pm-1:30am, plus rotating weekends on-call.