ESS Clean, Inc. is the leader in commercial contract cleaning in Central Illinois. We attribute this to our excellent team of cleaners. A core value of ESS Clean is to "Improve the lives of our team" and we look for every opportunity to do just that. Whether you are looking for a part-time job to supplement your income or a bright new career, ESS Clean may be the place for you. We provide quality service for our customers, quality of life for our team and we have fun doing it!
JOB TITLE: HR COORDINATOR BLM
JOB SUMMARY: The HR Coordinator in our Bloomington Branch will perform duties for Branch Manager and operations team located in Bloomington. HR duties will be in compliance with policy and procedure overseen by the corporate HR dept in Urbana. Responsibilities include conducting orientations; phone screening or interviewing applicants; conducting references;; screening calls; preparing reports and financial data; training other support staff; customer relations; and other duties as assigned. The HR responsibilities at the Bloomington office are not expected to fill the schedule of a full time person. As such, there are other responsibilities that will be expected of the HR coordinator.
• Perform thorough high priority reference/work history checks as needed for all locations. Requires persistence, professionalism and excellent communication skills.
• Conduct new hire orientations as needed. These will usually be orientations that need to be after 5pm and scheduled on your "late" days and will mostly be in Bloomington and Peoria as needed.
• Recruit employees for temporary, part-time, and full-time placement through marketing materials, placing job ads, & posting openings on job boards w/ local universities, employment facilities, and social media.
• Review applications and select candidates for interviews following appropriate guidelines.
• Call candidates to schedule interviews. Follow up with an email confirming location, date and time.
• Conduct phone screens and interviews for interested applicants.
• Review background and reference checks on all possible hires to determine applicant’s honesty and work history.
• Fill open jobs with eligible candidates that will be the best fit for the particular duties, hours, and location. Follow up with a job offer email confirming locations, pay rates, dates, and times of orientation, testing, training, start date, account information, etc. Update shared calendar with dates and times.
• Perform social security verifications, local criminal background checks and national background checks through county websites and criminal background check verifiers.
• Perform thorough reference/work history checks which can require a great deal of "phone work". Requires persistence, professionalism and excellent communication skills.
• Prepare all orientation packets and conduct new hire orientations as needed. Increases in openings or accommodating candidate scheduling needs may result in additional orientations to be done at varied times on occasion. Coordinate scheduling of all portions of orientation and updating shared calendar.
• Perform new hire reporting and E-verify of all new hires.
• Ensure that all new hire paperwork is accurate and completed properly.
• Enter new employee information into Win-team and making ID badges as needed.
• Provide a variety of admin assistance to the executive team and managers, some admin tasks will become routine and some will be as needed or project based.
• Assemble Orientation packets for new employees
• Assemble job books, Incentive programs, and handbooks – keeping supply on hand
• Filing and scanning (mostly non-confidential employee documents)
• Process absence requests
• Greet people at front desk
• Route birthday cards monthly and mail birthday cards weekly
• Create new account folders
• Assist with company surveys.
• Maintain confidentiality with all company correspondence, disciplinary actions, terminations and grievances.
• Participate in the development and administration of training and educational materials, including training videos, Power-point presentations, handbook, handouts, etc.
• Assist with Safety Week and the Safety Program.
• Assist in various marketing and company projects as needed.
• Answer phones
• Assist with sales projects.
• Other duties/projects as assigned.
• Load and unload washer and dryer
• Prepare, pick up and deliver supplies to various locations
• Prepare proposals
• Call customers regarding schedules
• Call staff for schedule changes and requests
• Schedule auto repairs
• Order office supplies
• Coordinate office and field equipment repairs
QUALIFICATIONS: Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience and skills. 2-4 years administrative experience, HR experience preferred, Safety experience a plus. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Must enjoy a variety of tasks changing often from day to day although there are some repetitive/recurring tasks as well, motivated by tackling new challenges, and natural ability to change gears and adapt priorities on short notice without being easily frustrated to be successful in this role. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required. Computer experience including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher required. Attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials. Must be skilled in establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
ESS offers competitive pay, competitive benefits, rewarding incentive plans and opportunity for advancement. Are you are ready to join a team whose mission is to hire, train, develop and promote honest people, providing them tools to improve their quality of life?
ESS is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check, Employment Verification
This job reports to the Kevin Copass
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1