ESS Clean, Inc. is the leader in commercial contract cleaning in Central Illinois. We attribute this to our excellent team of cleaners. A core value of ESS Clean is to "Improve the lives of our team" and we look for every opportunity to do just that. Whether you are looking for a part-time job to supplement your income or a bright new career, ESS Clean may be the place for you. We provide quality service for our customers, quality of life for our team and we have fun doing it!
JOB TITLE: Assistant Branch Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The primary duties of the Assistant Branch Manager are to ensure that all routine cleaning operations and special project work is scheduled and completed in the Specified Region and to assist the Branch Manager. This is accomplished by communicating with the Area Managers, front line workers, Branch Manager and with customers who have special project work pending or who have requested changes or additions to routine cleaning operations. The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for the ongoing training, coaching, and motivation of direct reports as well as overall quality control and safety. The Assistant Branch Manager will partner with the Branch Manager in the areas of recruiting, operations management, HR, and customer service.
• Ability to communicate with team members and peers at all levels as well as with customers and vendors.
• Plan and schedule all special project work.
• Ensure all daily cleaning operations are completed, including coverage for absences and open jobs.
• Train, coach, and motivate direct reports.
• Assist Branch Manager in the areas of operations management, HR and customer service.
• Conduct interviews and onboard new associates.
• Participate in weekend “on call” rotation.
• Ensure the proper training of all Team Members who perform cleaning operations.
• Fill in for Area Manager as needed.
• Ensure quality control by monitoring cleaning inspections done by the Area Managers, performing cleaning inspections, and customer feedback.
• Evaluate, select, and purchase cleaning equipment and products.
• Evaluate and implement new cleaning procedures and techniques.
• Evaluate overall company operations and offer recommendations for improvements.
• Assist Branch Manager and HR in dealing with employee disciplinary issues, position changes, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and other areas where HR requires input/information.
• Provide leadership to the company by helping with content or programs for management meetings, and suggesting/implementing new ideas for increased efficiency or customer satisfaction.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Above all, honesty and directness in dealing with customers, vendors and Team Members. Must demonstrate ability in a management role. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated. Ability to manage others and set a good example. Ability to interact with customers, vendors, employees, and other members of the management team. Thorough knowledge of cleaning procedures, methods, products, and equipment. Associates Degree and five years management experience in commercial cleaning environment preferred or equivalent work experience and skills that are transferrable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform all tasks associated with General Cleaning.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Must maintain a positive attitude in difficult and tense situations.
ESS offers competitive pay, competitive benefits, rewarding incentive plans and opportunity for advancement. Are you are ready to join a team whose mission is to hire, train, develop and promote honest people, providing them tools to improve their quality of life?
ESS is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Kevin Copass
This is a Full-Time position Monday thru Friday 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m..
Number of Openings for this position: 1