TSM was established in 2005 with the mission to exceed industry standards. our management team are industry experts from law enforcement, military services, as well as public and private security organizations. While other security firms embrace the same tired physical "observe and report" security guard philosophy. TSM operatives are trained to use technology, enhancing our service offering to proactively manage our clients' security. We address our clients' security needs as required, with techniques designed to harden the targeted location and relocate or discourage the undesirable behavior, while working in unison with public agencies when required.
Lead the HR function for the Total Security Management, U.S. Operations headquarters, primarily focusing on recruitment and on boarding with additional responsibilities in Employee Relations and other Administrative HR duties.
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provide extensive support to recruitment needs for standard hiring by:
a. Posting job openings using the Kwantek system.
b. Posting all job openings for IL, WI, IN and MO locations.
c. Placing advertisements with local newspapers, on line and other sources, as needed.
d. Continually recruiting and branding Total Security Management within the community by attending local job fairs, participating in community events and organizations, etc.
e. Plan and coordinate open interviewing events including travel to site specific geographic areas for hosting events, selecting appropriate event venues, advertising the events, and all other administrative duties needed for successful turnout.
2. Provide support to branches regarding employment needs for Standard and Special Event hiring by:
a. Screening resumes/employment applications.
b. Facilitating interview process with the candidate, hiring manager and Vice President, US operations.
c. Conducting pre-employment duties: input and retrieve background investigations, drug screening, provide information to hiring manager or VP of U.S. Operations for offer letters as needed; other required paperwork.
d. Assist with on boarding of new hires; new employee orientation; benefits overview, data entry into WinTeam; training, create and maintain all HR files.
e. Conducting all post –employment requirements for I-9 verification and e-Verify within 3 days of employment start date in an accurate and timely manner.
f. Submitting original requests for licensing as required by Federal and State agencies and track all current needs and renewals for employee licensing.
3. Assist in maintaining Affirmative Action utilization initiatives.
4. Assist management with basic employee relations, day-to-day issues. Including any claims of harassment or discrimination and provide swift response to local management.
5. Manage Personnel Files of all employees to ensure proper electronic uploading, storing when necessary and adherence to destruction schedule.
6. Complete Change of Status forms in an accurate and complete manner for new hires, job changes, wage changes, personal data changes, terminations, suspensions, rehires and leaves of absence along with supporting documentation.
7. Import new hires into the WinTeam system from Kwantek in an accurate and timely manner ensuring all data, to include benefit coding, is 100% correct.
8. Assist management and employee with FMLA qualifying events. Notify leadership and operations of becoming aware of potential FMLA leave.
9. Assist management and employee with Worker’s Compensation events. Notify Corporate as soon as administratively possible in order to ensure compliance with WC and OSHA regulations.
10. Work with Trainer and Branch Manager to track training requirements and assist with enrollment and completion of such training in a timely manner.
11. Manage annual benefits enrollment for all branch employees that qualify.
12. Assist with annual Performance Evaluations process.
13. Act as payroll back up to branch staff as needed and during vacations, leaves or other extending times of absence.
14. Assist in administration of drug and alcohol policies and tests, to include coordination of monthly random testing.
15. Assist in responding to legal inquiries requesting company files and information.
16. Communicate corporate changes and updates to branch employees.
17. Order employee uniforms and issue employee badges, if needed.
18. Distribute exit survey to all voluntary terminated employees.
19. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by interacting with the TSM security Services internal/external customers(including, but not limited to: current customers , prospective customers, clients, vendors, co-workers, supervisors and management) in a mutually respectful manner regardless or race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status , sexual orientation and all other protected classes.
20. Adhere to higher standards of ethical business conduct and compliance by acting lawfully, ethically, honestly and professionally in the performance of their jobs at all times as well as be in compliance with company policies and procedures as it relates to their job function.
21. When appropriate, inform customers of Total Security Managements products and services and refer business to the Vice President of U.S. Operations.
22. As this position develops, the employee may be assigned additional duties or special projects as deemed necessary by management.
23. Assume responsibility for understanding and complying with Total Security Managements attendance expectations.
24. Provide timely and accurate reports, as required by leadership.
*Essential Functions to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Education and/or Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Associates or Bachelors Degree is preferred.
3. 2 – 4 years Human Resources experience in the area of Employment Coordination is strongly preferred.
4. Previous Security Industry experience preferred.
Knowledge /Skills/ Abilities:
1. Basic working knowledge of Employee Law is preferred.
2. Must have a creative problem-solving ability.
3. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality of employee information required.
4. Must have excellent attention to detail on a consistent basis.
5. Must demonstrate above average proven organizational skills.
6. Must have the ability to adjust to high volume work periods and deadlines.
7. Ability to interact in person or by phone with all levels of employees and candidates in a professional manner.
8. Familiarity with; WinTeam, eHub, and Kwantek software programs.
1. Must have the ability to obtain Security Officer License as required by state laws.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Equipment / Software:
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment to include but not limited to personal computers, printers, scanners and calculators. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job,(including but not limited to, duties involving site surveys, client visits and post inspections), the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, resulting primarily from phones ringing, printers and traffic of individuals within the office environment.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
PERC Card (unexpired)
After 90 days of Full Time Employment TSM offers:
After 1 year of Full Time Employment TSM provides:
-2 weeks of Paid Vacation.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Vice President & General Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1