Ohio Custodial Management (OCM) is one of Columbus' largest family-owned businesses. We take great pride in the fact that we have a terrific group of team members that provide top janitorial services to our customers. OCM is a regionally recognized contract custodial service firm that provides the highest quality custodial programs to Corporate Headquarters, Industrial and Distribution Centers, Mutli-tenant Properties, Medical Centers, Special Improvement Districts and Educational Institutions.
Job Skills / Requirements
A Clean Ambassador is the culmination of being a Environmental Cleaner, Hospitality Specialist, and genuinely concerned about the cleanliness and presentation of downtown Columbus. The optimal Clean Ambassador is a person who wants to make a positive impact in the downtown community by utilizing their exemplary customer service skills along with their attention to detail and ability to effectively communicate the status and needs of their various projects and duties. The Clean Ambassador works in a business improvement district that has a goal of making downtown Columbus a great place to live, work and play. A Clean Ambassador is not only able to work outdoors in all conditions but enjoys working outdoors. He or she can adapt on the move and troubleshoot a range of various problems on equipment issues. Clean Ambassadors are comfortable conducting cleaning patrols of their respective zones but are also able to operate vehicles or machines to aid in the process. All good Clean Ambassadors enjoy helping all kinds of people whether they need connected to social services or simply require directions to a local restaurant.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
- conduct foot patrols for environmental cleaning and operate vehicles for special projects;
- operate John Deere Gator or other similar landscaping vehicles;
- assist persons as needed with directions, information, amenities;
- perform special projects (sweep sidewalks, remove weeds, scrub city implements such as information kiosks, bus shelters, beautification projects, power washing, flower watering, etc.);
- assist with some team snow removal duties;
- engage persons in need of social services and help them make connections;
- ability to stand, walk or ride for extended periods of time;
- able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs unsupported or over 50 lbs supported
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Driver License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Operations
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required