Both PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME AVAILABLE...
Top Guard Security is seeking responsible individuals (ARMED and UNARMED sites available) to secure municipal facilities and protect client’s employees, customers, tenants, and property from harm, theft, illegal actions, and other negative events. Apply today!
Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities and Richmond. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities and retail establishments.
Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 1000+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security.
Job Skills / Requirements
Great Employment Opportunity for Veterans! One time $250 signing bonus for service-related disabled at 10% or more or unemployed for over 6 months in the past year!
$1000 Sign-on Bonus eligibility for Armed certified
$500 Sign-on Bonus eligibility for Unarmed certified
• Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times, maintaining company expectations for customer service
• Strong Communication Skills
• Customer Service Focus
• Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel as needed
• Positive Attitude
We will train you to Obtain Virginia DCJS Unarmed/Armed Registration Card!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor facility and property of assigned client
• Be professional at all times maintaining company expectations for customer service
• Adhere to the rules of Top Guard and any parameters defined by the assigned client
• Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel if needed
• Write reports either on provided electronic device or on paper
• Make appropriate notifications to client’s assigned contact and Top Guard’s management
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Authorized to work in the United States
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Specialized law enforcement, security and/or military experience or training preferred (1 year or more required for some contract sites)
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check as a condition of employment
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time, up to a full 8-hour shift
• Must be able to endure cold and hot weather for extended periods of time, up to a full 8-hour shift
• Occasionally lift or pull up to 50lbs
• Speak audibly, clearly and understandable in order to have information understood or to contact authorities.
• Weekends and holidays required.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY to work for an award-winning security firm that remains dedicated to our officers in the field.
• Health Plan and Dental Insurance
• Supplemental Insurance Plans
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Compensation
• Free Uniforms
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.