Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities, and Chester. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities, health care and retail establishments. Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 900+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance.
Job Skills / Requirements
FULL-TIME: 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday
PART-TIME: 3rd shift (11 pm – 7 am) on Friday and Saturday
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and professionally answers a high volume of phone calls coming in to Top Guard’s central telephone line prioritizing, responding to, and distributing calls from clients, officers, administrative staff, and the general public.
- Effectively use customer service skills to interact professionally and courteously with the general public, clients, and other employees of the company when they call the office and/or come into the office(s).
- Routes and transfers calls professionally and accurately, demonstrating Top Guards Core Values.
- Responsible for handling all issues dealing with the schedule that occur during their shift. Specifically, issues dealing with security officers who call out of work, call and state they are going to be late for work, call and state they need some kind of change to their schedule, etc.
- Responsible for making the appropriate changes to the schedule and Absence Tracker, while at the same time documenting everything that occurs during the shift on a Duty Log Report.
- Responsible to resolve issues, provide solutions and coordinate assistance for scheduling issues/incidents that occur at client sites, with vehicles, and/or any issues or incidents involving company clients, employees, vehicles, equipment, and/or company offices.
- Contact On Call Manager, Senior Staff and/or Executive Staff if unable to solve scheduling/shift related issues.
- Escalate to Call Manager, Senior Staff and/or Executive Staff concerning incidents that occur at client sites, with vehicles, and/or any issues or incidents involving company clients, employees, vehicles, equipment, and/or company offices appropriately and as applicable.
- Maintain accurate record of duty logs containing important details of shift activity and incident management.
- Communicate effectively, kindly and professionally orally and in writing to the On-Call Manager, Senior Staff and/or Executive Staff of all incidents that occur during the shift.
- Ensure all confidential records, calls, personal information and interoffice information is maintained with a strict “only the need-to-know” confidentiality for the sole purpose of conducting duties while on shift.
- Assist the Operations Staff (as assigned) to enter data collected during site visits into the Company’s QAO Program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Virginia DCJS Registration – At a minimum Dispatcher’s must obtain their unarmed DCJS certification, and keep it current, in order to work in the Dispatcher’s position.
- Valid Driver’s License and eligible to drive for company as outlined in the company Vehicle Use Policy
- Specialized law enforcement, security and/or military experience or training preferred
- Experience with high volume phone call management
- Customer service, public relations and/or supervisory/management experience or training preferred
- Above average computer skills
- Above average typing ability
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to multi-task under pressure at times.
- Must be able to, and continually demonstrate above-average judgment when taking action to deal with issues that occur during their shift.
- Must be able to, and continually demonstrate above-average daily judgment as the decisions directly impact operating costs, and indirectly influence client retention and future contracts that might be awarded to the company
- Must become familiar with company policies, operational concepts, and practices, and procedures used by the Company in the daily operations.
- Must possess, and continually demonstrate above-average interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Must possess, and continually demonstrate above-average oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain, and continually demonstrate an objective, impartial and unbiased attitude; as well as demonstrate an ability to appropriately enforce and defend Company policy regardless of any personal relationships and opinions within the Company.
- Must always represent Company in a positive and professional manner.
- Must always maintain a professional appearance.
- Must possess the necessary computer skills necessary to complete duties.
Physical and Sensory Abilities:
To perform the essential functions of this position, the Dispatcher regularly employs the following physical and/or sensory abilities:
- Majority of work will be done in an office environment which requires a tremendous amount of time sitting in one position; however, standing, walking, and climbing stairs will sometimes be required
- Ability to articulate conversations, either orally over the telephone, and/or in written form in a daily report, in the scheduling system and/or in an email are a must
- Work is performed in an office environment; however, on occasion work outside the office may be required
Additional Information / Benefits
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits: Payroll Deducted Health, Plan Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance, Supplemental Insurance Plans, Direct Deposit, Paid Vacation, Holiday Compensation, Free Uniforms, and Credit Union Membership. It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Part time officers are also elligible for benefits as well. Please inquire within.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability
This job reports to the Dispatch Supervisor
This is a Full-Time position 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1