Join our award-winning team in Hampton Roads – as a Transit Security Officer
Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider in the area. We are looking for qualified, capable and dedicated officers to fill full-time Transit Security positions for Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach. Great fit for veterans, or individuals with military, law enforcement, or security backgrounds.
In this role, you could be riding trains, trolley, bus, and may also patrol buildings and grounds, monitor surveillance equipment, and maintain a positive security presence while assisting municiple transit stations, students, faculty, staff, and visitors on client's property.
Job Skills / Requirements
Job Skills / Requirements
• Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times, maintaining company expectations for customer service
• Strong Communication Skills
• Customer Service Focus
• Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel as needed
• Positive Attitude
We will train you to obtain your Virginia DCJS Registration Card.
Great fit for veterans or individuals with a background in the military, law enforcement and/or security.
One time $250 signing bonus for Veterans for service-related disabled at 10% or more or unemployed for over 6 months in the past year.
One time $250 signing bonus for current DCJS Certification!
If this sounds like your skill set and experience, APPLY NOW to join an award-winning Security Firm!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
• Protect riders and staff, as well as facilities, property, etc. from harm, theft, violence, damage or loss through appropriate control and handling of situations.
• Follow and maintain Campus guidelines
• Alert to discover/deter any person(s) attempting to gain unauthorized access
• Alert to any hazards which may cause accidents, fires, explosions or other catastrophes
• Report any such incidents to Top Guard Dispatch and Campus officials immediately
• Respond to emergency conditions within assigned area
• Must be physically able to walk, stand and climb for up to 10-hour shifts
• Must be able to accurately and clearly write daily logs and incident reports: both hand written and computer
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Have High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Ability to verbally diffuse situations and effectively resolve issues
• Skill in observing and noticing unusual circumstances or items which would reasonably suggest a problem.
• Must be able to pass background check, drug test, and physical (at required sites)
• Reliable transportation
• Steady work history
• Ability to obtain DCJS Armed Security Card
• Ability to obtain DCJS Registration Card
GREAT OPPORTUNITY to work for an award-winning security firm that remains dedicated to our officers in the field.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Compensation
• Free Uniforms
• And More
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
- $13 - $15 / hour
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
This job reports to the ACCOUNT MANAGER
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.