Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities and Richmond. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities and retail establishments.
Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 1000+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security.
Job Skills / Requirements
Are you an experienced security professional that likes to move from site to site based upon needs versus being assigned just one site! If so, this one is for you! You have the opportunity to make more money in this role as you are paid according to the site you work!!!!
Essential Security Officer Duties
• Monitor facility and property of assigned client
• Be professional at all times maintaining company expectations for customer service
• Adhere to the rules of Top Guard and any parameters defined by the assigned client
• Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel if needed
• Write reports either on provided electronic device or on paper
• Make appropriate notifications to client’s assigned contact and Top Guard’s management
• Stop, deter or thwart actions by people to damage, steal client’s property, or conduct illegal activities, within reasonable concern for personal safety and company policy.
We will train you to Obtain Virginia Armed DCJS Registration Card!
$250 Bonus for current Armed DCJS Certifications!
Great Employment Opportunity for Veterans!
• Specialized law enforcement, security and/or military experience or training preferred (1 year or more required for some contract sites)
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check as a condition of employment
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time, up to a full 8-hour shift
• Must be able to endure cold and hot weather for extended periods of time, up to a full 8-hour shift
• Occasionally lift or pull up to 50lbs
• Speak audibly, clearly and understandable in order to have information understood or to contact authorities.
• Some weekends and holidays may be required.
(must at least have unarmed license to interview)
Must have open availability including weekends & holidays
Top Guard’s full-time Employee Benefits
• Health Plan and Dental Insurance
• Supplemental Insurance Plans
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Compensation
• Free Uniforms
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
- $15 - $18 / hour
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.