Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, and the Greater Richmond Areas. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities, health care and retail establishments. Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 1100+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security. Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guard’s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Job Skills / Requirements
Seeking a high performing professional to fill a Payroll & Benefits Specialist/Coordinator role. In this dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will partner and collaborate with Managers and team members to reach organizational objectives. We are a fast-paced company looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist that will ensure accurate processing and recording of company payrolls, provide timely and accurate financial information, and manage all cycles relating to payroll and benefits.
A payroll specialist/coordinator is able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency. They will need to be good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information. They have great communication skills to interact with colleagues and executives. The goal is to ensure every employee receives the correct compensation in a timely manner.
The ability to build relationships, exercise good judgment and work across multiple departments in close-working environment is critical in this role. The successful candidate should demonstrate an understanding of how Payroll and Benefits processes work.
· Manage payroll process that includes importing, proofing, editing, processing and transmitting all payroll wages and tips, deductions, reimbursements, bonuses, commissions, and manual payments consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws
· Manage employee lien deductions and garnishments
· Perform specific duties related to insurance plans, 401k, and flexible spending accounts reconciliation of accounts, timely vendor payments
· Perform updates to payroll-related information and data and manage overall payroll work flow
· Ensure timely processing of all new hires, promotions and terminations for several units.
· Analyze and audit payroll data for accuracy of posting, including intercompany transactions.
· Prepare journal entries related to payroll and benefits and record timely and accurately
· Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
· Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
· Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
· Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
· Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
· Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
· Proven experience as payroll specialist or payroll manager
· Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
· Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the payroll field
· Strong knowledge of payroll software and ATS and Onboarding applications
· Proficient in MS Office
· Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality.
· Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· Educate managers and employees on Payroll procedures, process and practice to ensure effective execution
· As a Payroll & Benefits, you have full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques based on an established body of knowledge.
Payroll processing: 3 years (Required)
Benefits Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
BA/S in business, accounting or relevant field is preferred
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Additional Information / Benefits
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits: Payroll Deducted Health, Plan Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance, Allstate Supplemental Insurance Plans, Legal Resources, Legal Discount Plan, Direct Deposit, Paid Vacation, Holiday Compensation, Free Uniforms, and Credit Union Membership. It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Part time officers are also elligible for benefits as well. Please inquire within.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
This job reports to the Account Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1