Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities, and Chester. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities, health care and retail establishments. Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 900+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security. Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guard’s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Job Skills / Requirements
Top Guard is seeking an experienced a Human Resources Generalist with outstanding people skills to run the daily functions of the Human Resources department to include enforcing company policies and practices.
Responsible for operational and technical HR duties to include: Assist the HR Manager with the functions of the Human Resources Department including assisting employees and public with personnel information and interpretation of Human Resources policies and procedures, verify employment status, employee relations, record keeping, and all other Human Resources issues.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assist with conducting discipline meeting with the security officers with guidance from the HR Manager/Account Manager
· Assist with conducting any HR related investigations
· Submitting the company responses to all VEC claims and participating in all hearings and appeals.
· Gathering 1st incident reports for Workman’s Compensation claims
· Following up with all medical issues from officers to make sure we have the proper documentation to put them back to work. Places officers on LOA until we get the proper documentation.
· Represent employer in community and recruiting events
· Sending out/follow up FMLA paperwork when required
· Scheduling drug screens as it relates to post-accident and random as needed
· Managing and leading the Orientation process to include scheduling and updating the administrative information for tracking purposes
· Assist with producing any HR reports as required
· Assist with processing new employees as required
· Perform background checks required by the company
· Assist in facilitating screenings, training and contract compliance for multiple clients. Provide corresponding documentation as required
· Assist with employee relations, answering employee questions and addressing employee concerns.
· Responsible for copying and storing all employee’s documentation such as new hire paperwork, ID's such as driver’s license, DMV records, DCJS training forms and DCJS Cards, training records, and medical documentation received by officers and/or their medical providers.
Education, Experience & Training Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
· 5 years of equivalent job-related experience as a Human Resource Generalist in an organization with at least 250 employees, preferably in a hourly/service industry
· SHRM certification
· Comfortable learning new technology systems
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Must maintain appropriate confidentiality
· Good organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and prioritize work
Physical and Sensory Abilities:
To perform the essential functions of this position, the Human Resource Generalist must have the following physical and/or sensory abilities:
- Sit, stand, walk
- Use of a PC keyboard and copier/fax machine
- Able to write clearly and concisely, either using a pencil and paper and/or a PC
- See, hear, understand and speak in a manner that effectively demonstrates an ability to communicate in verbal form.
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status
Additional Information / Benefits
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits: Payroll Deducted Health, Plan Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance, Allstate Supplemental Insurance Plans, Legal Resources, Legal Discount Plan, Direct Deposit, Paid Vacation, Holiday Compensation, Free Uniforms, and Credit Union Membership. It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Part time officers are also elligible for benefits as well. Please inquire within.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
This job reports to the HR Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1