Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities, and Chester. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities, health care and retail establishments. Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 900+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security. Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guard’s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Job Skills / Requirements
Top Guard is seeking an experienced a Human Resources Manager with outstanding people skills to lead our HR Team and ensure the human resources programs and initiatives are effective, efficient and aligned to overall Top Guard objectives. This is a key management opportunity and is best suited for those with a passion for driving culture, developing others, managing, and holding others accountable.
Job Duties Include:
Coordinate HR policies, programs and staff with emphasis on planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and directing. Duties include ensuring that the company is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the position works closely with the President, Vice-President and General Manager in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing company policies and programs and recommending best policies and practices.
· Daily administration of HR services as directed or assigned, including but not limited to recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract administration, affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance overall objectives of the company
· Directs and participates in recruitment efforts to include talent acquisition, leverage/develop relationships with local workforce development and other talent resources, such as advertising sources, to build and maintain strong talent pools. Ensure all screening, hiring and selection is done in accordance with company policy and employment laws and regulations
· Direct the development and execution of an effective talent and retention program
· Develop, prepare, generate, and analyze ongoing reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including but not limited to issues such as benefit costs, staffing levels, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, Affirmative Action/EEO, workers compensation, promotions, etc. Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store, and analyze pertinent data and information
· Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources management. Ensure legal compliance with federal and state requirements. Identify trends that could impact company objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management and employees accordingly
· Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies.
· Manage company employee relations program
· Participate in the investigation and resolution of ongoing employee relations issues, administer and oversee progressive disciplinary program, anticipate problems whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution
· Coordinate and/or conduct exit interviews, suspensions, and terminations
· Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters
· Annual evaluation of employee handbook ensuring procedures are relevant and updated according to company policies and state and federal laws
· Work with clients to ensure full understanding of staffing needs
· Supervise, develop and mentor the staff of the Human Resources department
· Maintain orderly record system keeping for department
· Ensure proper and timely handling of all unemployment claims
· Participate in the preparation for and representation of the company in unemployment hearings and EEOC matters.
· Monitor performance appraisals for HR staff
· Serve as EEO Coordinator and ensure appropriate reports are filed in a timely fashion
· Administer classification programs, which includes classifying and reclassifying positions, and writing job descriptions
· Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies and procedures
· Provide leadership with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
· Nurture a positive work environment
· May be required to travel between three offices
· Duties as assigned by President, Vice-President or General Manager
· Bachelor's degree in human resources or management required
· 5 years of professional HR Manager experience, ideally from a hourly/services-oriented business
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
· SHRM Certification required
In addition to strong leadership, communication and problem-solving skills, the ideal candidate must demonstrate:
· A proven ability to create a positive work environment, drive culture and motivate and affect the actions of their team and others to get results,
· Strong customer focus and exceptional skill at cultivating long-term relationships with customers and colleagues with a keen awareness and demonstration of appropriate diplomacy and tact,
· Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills,
· An ease with which to switch gears and strong self-management skills to balance workload, and conflicting priorities,
· Strong relating skills with the ability to identify areas of strength and development opportunities for our team members,
· A proven ability to be proactive and demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency,
· A drive to think outside the box and work through challenges and achieve despite obstacles, and
· An efficiency with resources, and passion toward profitability.
The candidate will need to be accountable for his or her own actions, and understand what is necessary to accomplish the work. A proven record of delivering results and serving as a Culture Champion are needed.
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status
Additional Information / Benefits
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits: Payroll Deducted Health, Plan Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance, Allstate Supplemental Insurance Plans, Legal Resources, Legal Discount Plan, Direct Deposit, Paid Vacation, Holiday Compensation, Free Uniforms, and Credit Union Membership. It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Part time officers are also elligible for benefits as well. Please inquire within.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
This job reports to the General Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1