Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities, and Chester. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities, health care and retail establishments. Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 900+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security. Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guard’s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Job Skills / Requirements
Top Guard Security is seeking a responsible individual to fill a management role to support staffing and scheduling for all Security Officers.
In this key role, you will be working directly with the Account Manager, maintaining regular communications with Security Officers, resolving staffing issues, and ensuring continuity of operations for Top Guard clients.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times, maintaining company expectations for customer service
- Strong Communication Skills
- Customer Service Focus
- Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel as needed
- Positive Attitude
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview and hire qualified applicants to fill open post positions following company guidelines and regularly evaluate employee performance.
- Maintain and publish weekly Open Post List and actively manage job openings within the assigned portfolio.
- Create, modify, and manage schedules, ensuring adequate coverage.
- Ensure all positions are staffed per contract requirements, and effectively manage overtime through proper scheduling and staffing. Maintain a qualified pool of rovers for backfill of vacant positions as needed.
- Maintain proactive contact with Security Officers to ensure all employees are being effectively utilized, properly trained, and ready for placement as needed.
- Maintain high employee morale and low employee turnover through effective and proactive communications and timely problem resolution.
- Ensure a smooth-running operation by enforcing post-specific policies and procedures through proper communications and training.
- Maintain a well-organized, clean and effective working area and ensure all deadlines are consistently met.
We will train you to obtain your Virginia DCJS Registration Card.
Great fit for veterans or individuals with a background in the military, law enforcement, or security.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Prior security industry and/or military experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of professional-level experience required, managing employees in a fast-paced, service organization. Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement, military and/or customer service highly desired. Experience in scheduling, operations and employee management in a service-related industry a significant plus.
- Must be able to secure a valid Department of Criminal Justice Service (DCJS) Guard License.
- Requires a current state driver’s license with a driving record that meets Top Guards driving matrix and the ability to safely operate a vehicle. May be required to drive to client sites to address scheduling or employee issues on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to write effective and concise reports and document investigations and counseling sessions. Must be able to effectively communicate coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions, as well as termination meetings in a professional manner in accordance with company standards.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software. Ability to learn and efficiently operate various timekeeping and payroll programs such as WinTeam, eHub and CompleteReport
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines. Must demonstrate a high level of integrity, and apply rules, policies and employment actions in a consistent, fair and equitable manner in all situations.
- Professional, articulate and able to use independent judgement and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to read, write and speak English in a clear, concise manner.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY to work for an award-winning security firm that remains dedicated to our officers in the field.
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Additional Information / Benefits
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits: Payroll Deducted Health, Plan Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance, Allstate Supplemental Insurance Plans, Legal Resources, Legal Discount Plan, Direct Deposit, Paid Vacation, Holiday Compensation, Free Uniforms, and Credit Union Membership. It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Part time officers are also elligible for benefits as well. Please inquire within.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
This job reports to the General Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 2