Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities, and Chester. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities, health care and retail establishments. Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 900+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security. Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guard’s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Job Skills / Requirements
Essential Security Dispatcher Duties
• Direct guards to shifts due to various issues
• Monitor staff
• Update schedules
• Write, monitor and file various reports
• Respond to emergency situations
• Coordinate with account managers to ensure security coverage at all sites.
• Be professional at all times maintaining company expectations for customer service
Great Employment Opportunity for Veterans!
- Prior dispatch experience or training preferred
- High volume call center experience preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines
- Experience with multi-line phone system
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check as a condition of employment
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift or pull up to 50lbs
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to weekends and holidays.
The following requirements must be met:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Have reliable transportation
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times to maintain the company expectations for customer service
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Customer service driven
- Have the ability to quickly make decisions based upon situations that may arise
- Security or Supervisory experience a plus
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Additional Information / Benefits
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits: Payroll Deducted Health, Plan Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance, Allstate Supplemental Insurance Plans, Legal Resources, Legal Discount Plan, Direct Deposit, Paid Vacation, Holiday Compensation, Free Uniforms, and Credit Union Membership. It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Part time officers are also elligible for benefits as well. Please inquire within.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
This job reports to the Account Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 5