Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities, and Chester. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities, health care and retail establishments. Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 900+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security. Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guard’s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Job Skills / Requirements
Join our award-winning team in Hampton Roads – as a Norfolk State University Campus Security Officer
Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider in the area. We are looking for qualified, capable and dedicated officers to fill full-time and part-time Campus Security positions at various gates and buildings at NSU, and part time for campus events such as football games, homecoming events, etc.
SIGN ON BONUSES OFFERED FOR OFFICERS WHO HAVE THIER DCJS CARD ALREADY. Top Guard is hiring for Armed Security Officers, Unarmed Security Officers, Quality Assurance Officers, and Roving Duty Officers
***Great Employment Opportunity for Veterans! One time $250 signing bonus for service-related disabled at 10% or more or unemployed for over 6 months in the past year!
***Are you already DCJS certified? We have a $500.00 bonus for unarmed guards and $1000 bonus for armed guards! (Some requirements do apply.)
***Are you prior law enforcement, corrections or military? Are you already DCJS certified with at least 1-2 years of unarmed experience but want to go armed? We also have an armed incentive program where the company pays for your armed classes! (Some requirements do apply.)
***Did we mention we love employee referrals? We have a bonus for that as well! Ask us how to earn $250.00 for referring friends and family!
In this role, you will be interacting with students, faculty, staff, and visitors on a regular basis. You will also patrol buildings and grounds, monitor surveillance equipment, and maintain a positive security presence while assisting students, faculty, staff, and visitors on campus property.
Veterans – Do you have a desire to protect and serve your community? Put your military experience to work in the civilian world.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times, maintaining company expectations for customer service
- Strong communication skills
- Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel as needed
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
We will train you at no cost to obtain your Virginia DCJS Registration Card.
Great fit for veterans or individuals with a background in the military, law enforcement, or security.
If this sounds like your skill set and experience, APPLY NOW to join an award-winning Security Firm!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safeguard and protect campus students, faculty, staff, visitors, property, etc. from harm, theft, violence, damage or loss through appropriate control and handling of situations
- Assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors with locating Campus facilities
- Follow and maintain campus guidelines
- Ability to verbally diffuse situations and effectively resolve issues
- Skill in observing and noticing unusual circumstances or items which would reasonably suggest a problem
- Alert to discover/deter any person(s) attempting to gain unauthorized access
- Alert to any hazards which may cause fires, explosions or other catastrophes
- Report any such incidents to Top Guard Dispatch and campus officials immediately
- Respond to emergency conditions within assigned area
- Must be physically able to walk, stand and climb stairs for up to 10-hour shifts
- Must be able to accurately and clearly write daily logs and incident reports – both handwritten and computer/mobile device
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass background check, drug test, and physical (at required sites)
- Reliable transportation
- Steady work history
- Ability to obtain DCJS Registration Card
GREAT OPPORTUNITY to work for an award-winning security firm that remains dedicated to our officers in the field.
- Ask about our Military Veteran Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Compensation
- Free Uniforms
- And More
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Additional Information / Benefits
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits: Payroll Deducted Health, Plan Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance, Allstate Supplemental Insurance Plans, Legal Resources, Legal Discount Plan, Direct Deposit, Paid Vacation, Holiday Compensation, Free Uniforms, and Credit Union Membership. It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Part time officers are also elligible for benefits as well. Please inquire within.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
This job reports to the Account Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 20