Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities, and Chester. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities, health care and retail establishments. Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 900+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security. Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guard’s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Job Skills / Requirements
The College Campus Account Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of an assigned College client with the company. Responsible for oversight of and being able to perform the functions of the Assistant Account Manager, Scheduler, and Operations Assistant.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct strategic planning, ensuring effective organization and implementation for site operations.
- Make daily and unannounced facility inspections, inclusive of late evenings, weekends, and holidays to ensure the total compliance of site guidelines, post orders, employee job performance, etc. will administer on-the-spot corrective action to any employee under his/her command as necessary.
- Review the security program on a continual basis, assist in training and selection of personnel, their evaluation, and make recommendations for promotions and recognition.
- Maintain schedules and 24-hour efficiency, and to assist shift supervision on a 24-hour basis for any special emergency conditions that may arise.
- Guide the continuous improvement process and report progress to the College’s Director of Public Safety and the Security Manager.
- Promptly take proactive action to handle all issues regarding your employee’s attendance, performance or conduct following Top Guard’s disciplinary policy of Verbal Coaching, Verbal Warning, Written Warning and Termination, administering coaching and disciplinary action in a timely manner working with Human Resources. Provides paperwork to HR and Payroll in a timely manner and document all notes in the employee’s diary in WINTEAM.
- Ensure the operation is fully staffed at all posts with skilled and competent personnel, and that all security personnel are properly trained and such training is documented in personnel files.
- Interview and hire qualified applicants to fill open post positions following company guidelines and regularly evaluate employee performance.
- Act as liaison between Security Officer Provider and the College by maintaining good communication with the College and assisting with special problems, emergencies, extra staff requirements, etc., as they arise. Responsible
for regular face to face client interaction and proactive resolution of any operational issues at assigned client sites. Maintain ongoing and proactive client contact, including site visits, attending client-initiated meetings, timely response and follow-up to client communications, phone calls, lunches and other client special events.
- Directly responsible for new startups and transitions assigned to college client, ensuring staffing levels are met, training and uniform issues are addressed and physically participating in startup activities to ensure a smooth transition.
- Attend and actively participate in company management meetings. Observe operations and make suggestions for improved efficiency as appropriate, including providing ideas and plans for growth and improvements as appropriate, including providing ideas and plans for growth and improvements within the assigned portfolio or company.
- Ensure KPI’s are tracked and goals are met. KPI’s may include customer service ratings, low turnover goals, low OT goals, recorded report writing standards, quality assurance goals and others.
- Perform the functions of the Assistant Account Manager, Scheduler, and Operations Assistant if not assigned to college account. The Assistant Account Manager, Scheduler and Operations Assistant job descriptions are hereby made a part of this job description.
- Provide all security officers assigned to the account the first direct supervisory contact, direction, and support regarding performance, operations, and department needs. Make hiring decisions when candidates are presented. Responsible for maintaining regular and consistent communications with security officers through site visits and weekly phone calls in order to resolve officer issues regarding pay, questions, concerns, and/or complaints in order to ensure low turnover and high morale.
- Perform additional projects or tasks as may be directed by the Senior Operations Manager or Operations Manager, General Manager or Chief Operating Officer.
- Assist the Dispatcher in ensuring all posts are properly manned by qualified employees after normal working hours.
- May be required to drive to client sites to address scheduling or employee issues on an as needed basis and provide own reliable transportation for such.
- Respond to incidents that occur, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner. May be responsible for writing a report of the situation or assisting with an investigation, as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of multi-campus security supervisory experience required, managing non-exempt employees in a fast-paced, service organization.
- College or University experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice preferred.
- Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement, military and/or customer service highly desired.
- Experience in scheduling, operations and/or employee management in a service-related industry a plus.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a valid Department of Criminal Justice Service (DCJS) Guard License.
- Certified CSO trained designation preferred.
- Training in National Incident Management System and Incident Command System.
- Must have and maintain an unexpired state driver’s license with a driving record that meets Top Guard’s driving record matrix and have the ability to safely operate a Top Guard vehicle.
- Will be required to drive to client sites for client visits, quality assurance checks, and to address scheduling or employee issues as needed basis. Must provide own reliable transportation for travel.
- Ability to write effective and concise reports and document operations and security officer facts and circumstances, investigations, and counseling sessions. Must be able to effectively communicate coaching, counseling, corrective actions, and termination meetings in a professional manner in accordance with company standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities essential to job functions:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software mandatory.
- Ability to learn and efficiently operate various timekeeping. payroll, and guard management programs, such as WinTeam, eHub and CompleteReport.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity, and apply rules, policies and employment actions in a consistent, fair and equitable manner in all situations.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgement and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to read, write and speak English in a clear, concise manner.
Education Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits: Payroll Deducted Health, Plan Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance, Allstate Supplemental Insurance Plans, Legal Resources, Legal Discount Plan, Direct Deposit, Paid Vacation, Holiday Compensation, Free Uniforms, and Credit Union Membership. It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Part time officers are also elligible for benefits as well. Please inquire within.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Short Term Disability
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1