Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, and the Greater Richmond Area. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities, health care and retail establishments. Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 900+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security. Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guard’s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Job Skills / Requirements
Top Guard is searching for an experienced recruiters that will be responsible for recruitment advertising, sourcing, interviewing, testing applicants for this award-winning security officer service provider. These positions will be in our Norfolk office.
Job Skills / Requirements
Responsible for recruiting advertisement, sourcing, interviewing, testing, and referring applicants for security officer, administrative and management positions throughout the Company. Considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the Company, a basic understanding of the Company’s organizational structure, as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy/procedures as well as federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for Top Guard recruitment and interview process
- Administers pre-employment tests and screening
- Responsible for 30-day outreach calls to all new officers to assist with on-boarding practices
- Tracking applicant data flow
- Responsible for being creative and finding better applicant resources
- Completion of daily report
- Represents company at job fairs, advisory board meetings, luncheons, and career fairs
- Perform any other duties, as assigned
- Five years of proven experience as a staffing specialist in a high-volume recruiting
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and exercise excellent time management
- Previous training and/or public speaking
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Clear understanding of the objectives
To perform the essential functions of this position, the Human Resources Recruiter regularly employs the following physical and/or sensory abilities:
- Sitting, standing, and walking;
- Daily writing and using a keyboard;
- Seeing, hearing, and speaking to effectively communicate in verbal and in written form
The following requirements must be met:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Have reliable transportation
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times to maintain the company expectations for customer service
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Customer service driven
- Have the ability to quickly make decisions based upon situations that may arise
Education Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits: Payroll Deducted Health, Plan Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance, Allstate Supplemental Insurance Plans, Legal Resources, Legal Discount Plan, Direct Deposit, Paid Vacation, Holiday Compensation, Free Uniforms, and Credit Union Membership. It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Part time officers are also elligible for benefits as well. Please inquire within.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Bob Sage
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 2